Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Weekly Black & White Challenge-Week ending April 18th.

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
13 Apr 2012 5:16PM
Ok let's not get upset, mistakes happen. So waterfall is falling water. Any photo with water that's moving is fine. That gives much more scope for those no where near a river etc. Good luck everyone Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rambler e2
6 477 14 England
13 Apr 2012 7:59PM
Well I'm in, it's a challenge and a bit of fun, now where did I leave my camera?
13 Apr 2012 8:33PM
Thanks, guys. I was thinking of aborting it but not now.
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
13 Apr 2012 9:11PM
I think I've shot myself in the foot. Sorry about my hasty remark Paddy. Hope you get loads of entries, ....... And NO sewerage pipes. Have a good weekend.

Kind regards

Jack
Gypsyman e2
4 660 England
14 Apr 2012 11:47AM
Paddy, I too do not live near a Waterfall but but have put up a photograph which falls into the new definition of the subject, but fails to meet
the Comp rules due to been taken on the 11th April a day to early. Eric.
Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
14 Apr 2012 12:32PM
That's a good interpretation of the definition of the word 'waterfall' Eric.
I hope we can be a little flexible re. the date?
15 Apr 2012 12:31PM
Don`t see why not but which one would you like me to judge, Eric as you have entered two!?

Paddy.
Gypsyman e2
4 660 England
16 Apr 2012 1:03PM
Paddy the first one of the 2 I think is the best, but it was not entered being outside the time rules, I only put it up to show that Waterfalls,
need not be those on rivers only, the second one likewise was taken likewise to show another idea and was taken inside the permited time
frame, however I have no desire for any of them to be entered in the challenge. Eric.
18 Apr 2012 8:52PM
Well the winner is Wee Geordie Lass with Aira Force, but I was sorely tempted by the Ephemeral Watefall and creative effort by M_andrea and also Eaupotable with it drops well delineated by Wilco54. Thank you all for your entries after earlier dialogue!

Over to you Wee Geordie Lass! Try and choose a non contentious topic!

Paddy.
18 Apr 2012 9:09PM
Thanks Paddy. It's lovely to have my image chosen, and well done to everyone else - there were some great shots.

As you mentioned, it gets harder each time to pick a topic.............I hope I've thought of something that will encourage entries and will suit the black & white theme. So the topic for next week is...................................................

Something Old

Anything goes, the older the better!!.............Self portraits accepted LOL

Looking forward to seeing your shots everyone.

Cheers

Elaine
wynn469 5 72 Wales
18 Apr 2012 9:39PM
Congratulation well don Elaine a worthy winner, some interesting images.
Wilco54 e2
2 150 1 Luxembourg
18 Apr 2012 10:03PM
Elaine, or WGL, it was an excellent photo, well done!
18 Apr 2012 10:06PM
Thanks Wynn and Chris.............It's a great location, I'm glad you think I've done it justice.

Cheers

Elaine/WGL
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
19 Apr 2012 12:15PM
One of the best photos of Aira force I've seen- if not THE best. Is there a colour version for the main photo gallery?

Jack
JawDborn e2
2 793 1 England
19 Apr 2012 12:20PM
Could be misinterpreted! I meant it could be THE best!

Jack

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.