Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Weekly Black and White Challenge - Skylines - ends 8 p.m. Wednesday 19th December.

Digby e2
6 41 Wales
12 Dec 2012 10:59PM
This weeks challenge is Skylines.

The "rules":

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. All images must be uploaded by 8pm on Wednesday 19/12/12.
4. All uploads must be B&W
5. Only one upload per member
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week

NEW MEMBERS please note RULE 2

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gary66 2 158 England
13 Dec 2012 4:54AM
Judging by the last batch of photos (winter) I definately have my work cut out, here's hoping for some dramatic skies over the Cambridge area and the rest of the country is blanketed by fog Tongue.
Good luck everyone.
Wilco54 e2
2 137 1 Luxembourg
13 Dec 2012 9:00AM

Quote:Judging by the last batch of photos (winter) I definately have my work cut out, here's hoping for some dramatic skies over the Cambridge area and the rest of the country is blanketed by fog Tongue.
Good luck everyone.

Dont get distracted by too many open windows!
scrimmy e2
6 369 5 Scotland
13 Dec 2012 8:30PM
Skylines!!! WTF Smile

now wherever did i put my thinking cap.....i know i saw it around here 30 years ago Tongue
Gary66 2 158 England
14 Dec 2012 8:37AM
Just to clarify are skylines rooftops/buildings against the the sky?
Digby e2
6 41 Wales
14 Dec 2012 12:16PM

Quote:Just to clarify are skylines rooftops/buildings against the the sky?

Yes, and here are some definitions from two different dictionaries.

Skyline, outline of hills, buildings etc., defined against sky, visible horizon.

Skyline: (1) The line along which the surface of the earth and sky appear to meet; the horizon.
(2) An outline, as of a group of buildings or a mountain range, seen against the sky.
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
14 Dec 2012 6:35PM
Right. Who's lucky enough to live on a mountain. Grin
Gary66 2 158 England
14 Dec 2012 7:13PM
Ok, I live on the outskirts of the fens where a mole hill is the closest we have to a mountain!
fortunately i'm down Winchester way this weekend, so fingers crossed i can come up with a worthy challenge.
AnneWorner e2
7 614 42 United States
14 Dec 2012 11:41PM
Last week it was winter - no winter here. This week it is skyline. I live in a small town where downtown is a four block square with the courthouse in the middle.

However, I solved the dilemma, and shot my challenge entry today. Soon to be uploaded.
alistairfarrugia 2 164 88 Malta
17 Dec 2012 11:08PM
Just uploaded my entry, got lucky yesterday the sky was wonderful in Malta. It was also featured on the major local newspaper as it was so dramatic. Lucky for me, I had my camera on me and snapped some shots too!

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20121216/local/the-sky-on-fire.449840
cats_123 e2
10 4.0k 25 Northern Ireland
18 Dec 2012 8:09AM

Quote:Just uploaded my entry, got lucky yesterday the sky was wonderful in Malta. It was also featured on the major local newspaper as it was so dramatic. Lucky for me, I had my camera on me and snapped some shots too!

well]http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20121216/local/the-sky-on-fire.449840

well
done...a very dramatic shot, and will be hard to beat Smile
alistairfarrugia 2 164 88 Malta
18 Dec 2012 2:41PM
Thanks for the comment cats_123, regardless of the competition result I'm glad I joined this group, as I was only involved in two other groups aside of this one, with only one featuring a competition.

These weekly competitions urge me to keep taking pictures consistently and that's a "win" in itself more than the result per se. Still, I'll always give my best as I'm typically fairly competitive hehe.

So once again, thanks! Smile
petebfrance 2 1.3k France
18 Dec 2012 4:19PM
Made it!
Digby e2
6 41 Wales
19 Dec 2012 8:16PM
And the winner is Skyline by SlowSong.

A well lit and composed image with a nice sky.

Well done Chris.

Hugh
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
19 Dec 2012 8:17PM
Oooh, I forgot all about this challenge. Grin Thanks a lot Hugh, well chuffed.
I'll come back with a dastardly challenge soon.
Thanks peeps.
SmileSmileSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.