Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 1

Weekly Macro Challenge - Ending 8pm Sunday 23 February: FOOD

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 2164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 6:26 AM

Topic is food. Same rules as usual, cant write for long as I need to catch a flight to Barcelona!! Smile Good luck to all...

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
19 Feb 2014 - 6:26 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gary66
Gary66  2158 forum posts England
19 Feb 2014 - 8:02 AM

No entry this week, off on my travels.
B Lucky
Gary.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96064 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 8:25 AM

Business or pleasure Alistair? I love Barcelona.......

Have a good holiday Gary!

AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1419 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
19 Feb 2014 - 8:32 AM

Beautiful City Alistair but keep your hand on your wallet !

alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 2164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
19 Feb 2014 - 12:03 PM

Yeah heard about the pickpocketing. It's for work mostly
. But will manage to find some photo time for sure
Wink

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3824 forum posts United Kingdom
23 Feb 2014 - 11:33 AM

I'm in Smile

AndS
AndS e2 Member 2866 forum postsAndS vcard England
23 Feb 2014 - 5:27 PM

Managed to drag myself from the man flu death bed to get one in Smile

shakeyhands
shakeyhands e2 Member 2254 forum postsshakeyhands vcard Canada
23 Feb 2014 - 6:15 PM

Count me in GrinGrin

alistairfarrugia
23 Feb 2014 - 9:41 PM

Some very tasty entries, and some not so much Tongue (Coast, you know who I have in mind...)

However, after going through all the entries and giving each one some "mental points", I have decided that the best three are as follows:

3rd Place: Coast. Thank God I'm not a bird, but the picture was a good macro, full of colour and detail. A very good entry and interpretation of the food theme!

2nd Place: Cattyal. Technically superb, as is usual from your end. I liked this a lot and it was a very close call...

BUT:

1st Place: Fotomanic1. Most points for interpretation and I like the simple and effective composition adopted here. I like how the gold and silver contrast in the image, and the effect the lighting creates, particularly in the detail that comes out on top of the lid. Good choice playing around with it.

Thus, over to you Fotomanic1 for the next round!

Great work by all!

Alistair

Coast
Coast Critique Team 61229 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom292 Constructive Critique Points
23 Feb 2014 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for the comment Alistair and well done to Fotomanic1 - lovely texture brought out in the tin top. Looking forward to the next challenge.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96064 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
23 Feb 2014 - 10:18 PM

Thanks for hosting this week Alistair and well done Fotomanic for winning. Oddly enough I'm perfectly happy to be 2nd Smile

shakeyhands
shakeyhands e2 Member 2254 forum postsshakeyhands vcard Canada
24 Feb 2014 - 1:09 AM

Congrats FM1 , well done and thanks to Alistair for hosting this week

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43954 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
24 Feb 2014 - 8:05 AM

Thak goodness that's over, I got hungry every time I tried to think of something suitable to photograph!
Well done FM1 and all the other entrants.

Malc

Fotomanic1
24 Feb 2014 - 9:39 AM

Thanks Alistair and everyone for the comments. I'll be back later with a new challenge, when I've thought of one. All the ideas I've had so far have been done before.

cattyal
24 Feb 2014 - 9:44 AM

You'll be lucky to find a challenge that's not been done before - that's a greater challenge than the challenge itself Smile I think I know what I'm trying to say!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.