Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly macro challenge - ends Sunday 8th Dec - LITTLE BOXES

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2329 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2013 - 9:58 PM

Like the song - LITTLE BOXES. If you don't have one it could be fun to see any hand made by you Smile

The rules are
1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8 p.m. Sunday until the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week's challenge, and the judge's decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run, and judge for the following week.
8. Have fun.

Looking forward to seeing your images,

Jacqui

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Dec 2013 - 9:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96030 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2013 - 10:31 PM

Have you been looking round my house? I can see 8 from my chair, I've a few handmade fabric covered boxes upstairs and who knows how many more dotted round the house - I've kinda got a thing for little boxes Smile

Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2329 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
2 Dec 2013 - 7:57 AM

Does your house defy physics? I think it must to contain all the stuff you collect Wink I had a teacher friend who always came to school with a large holdall. Whenever someone said "oh,I really could do with…", she would say "i think I have one and produce it from the magic bag. You wouldn''t believe what came out of it. .. or maybe you would, being Alison the queen of collectors. Smile

oldblokeh
oldblokeh  3782 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Dec 2013 - 8:06 AM

Yes , it does. I've had the privilege of visiting and can verify the non_Newtonianism of the space therein. Collecting isn't quite the word for it, of course. I reckon that 'things' materialise there, hence the Cybermen etc. Tongue Wink

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96030 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
2 Dec 2013 - 8:25 AM

Of course I have the advantage of living alone so there is no-one to object Smile Oh indeed the Cybermen haven't put in an appearance for a while along with the Tardis, the Daleks, K9, Star Wars peeps - the list goes on - and on...... Smile

I'm known at work for having pretty much anything people would need - boring stuff though like allen keys, brown paper, etc. I've started fibbing of late as the brown paper and tape are my own private stash and I get a bit cheesed off with it being used for work things (must buy an official work supply sometime).

Griff2012
7 Dec 2013 - 8:55 PM

Maybe you should give guided tours, Alison Smile

Time for a BUMP

cattyal
7 Dec 2013 - 9:15 PM

It has been suggested that I have an open house still life photography day and who knows, if life ever slows down a bit I might Smile

Sadly I'm not going to manage the challenge despite having loads of boxes- I admit to kinda forgetting that I wasn't going to be home until who knows when on Sunday and had, as usual, planned to do my pic then. I'll be in London all day so it'll be a tad tricky - sorry!!!

AndS
AndS e2 Member 2787 forum postsAndS vcard England
7 Dec 2013 - 9:31 PM

I'm in Smile

cattyal
7 Dec 2013 - 10:00 PM

Ok - not enough entries so I grabbed the first little box to hand and took a quick pic Smile

AndS
AndS e2 Member 2787 forum postsAndS vcard England
7 Dec 2013 - 10:08 PM

Quote: Ok - not enough entries so I grabbed the first little box to hand and took a quick pic

Buggered my chances Grin

cattyal
7 Dec 2013 - 10:24 PM

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

Gary66
Gary66  1158 forum posts England
8 Dec 2013 - 3:45 PM

I'm in.

shakeyhands
shakeyhands e2 Member 2251 forum postsshakeyhands vcard Canada
8 Dec 2013 - 7:31 PM

Me to Grin

lumi
lumi  243 forum posts United Kingdom
8 Dec 2013 - 7:33 PM

Some lovely entries, regrettably I am sneezing and coughing too much to dare to go near my camera, so no entry from me today. Good luck all. Lumi. Sad

Griff2012
8 Dec 2013 - 8:09 PM

Hello everyone,

sorry to hear you are under the weather Lumi. Sad

Well, all boxing clever weren't you!

This week's winner is Shakey. I really like the angle and use of the natural light. The angled end of the box is beautiful with the raised pattern being emphasised by the shadows. It also looks like it has been photographed where it usually sits - it belongs. Smile That was the final deciding element.

I really enjoyed such an interesting array of little boxes, thank you Smile

I will not be able to join in for couple of weeks but look forward to returning soon,

Jacqui

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.