Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly Macro Challenge Ending 22nd September 2013 - Guess what it is!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
lumi
lumi  246 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Sep 2013 - 8:38 PM

The challenge this week is to produce an image in the style of those "Guess what it is" competitions: objects taken from close up and maybe an unusual angle. So plenty of scope to choose your own subject! Bonus marks for images generating the most speculation...

The Rules are:

1. The challenge is just for fun.
2. All images must be taken after the theme is announced.
3. The challenge runs from 8pm on the Sunday and runs until 8pm the following Sunday.
4. Only one upload per member.
5. Please feel free to comment on the entries once judging is complete.
6. The person who hosts is the judge for that week challenge and the judge’s decision is final.
7. The winner gets to create, run and judge the challenge for the following week.
8. Have fun

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Sep 2013 - 8:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 2164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
16 Sep 2013 - 3:54 PM

I'm finally back... took some macro shots and now the challenge is to pick which one to submit for the competition. Haven't been around in a while now, good luck to all!

Alistair

Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2346 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
19 Sep 2013 - 7:33 PM

just been playing and think I have one worth putting in. Nice to see you back Alistair, Smile Jacqui

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64543 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
21 Sep 2013 - 1:08 PM

Felt the urge today. Smile

AndS
AndS e2 Member 2869 forum postsAndS vcard England
22 Sep 2013 - 4:05 PM

In with hangover shot Smile

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96097 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2013 - 6:56 PM

I'm in Smile

One hour left folks!

lumi
22 Sep 2013 - 8:02 PM

That's all folks!
I will cogitate and return with a verdict, thanks for the lovely entries.

lumi
22 Sep 2013 - 8:12 PM

Well now, some of these were very tricky to work out what they were, others were more easily guessed, but all were lovely, who would have thought that our Royal mint produces such tatty coins! I love the yellow surround colour for the razor shot and I'll never look at pansies in the same way as before, was it a bulb or an onion? Such lovely textures! But the winner this week is Alison with her... um...er ...

Thank you all, Lumi

Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2346 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2013 - 8:15 PM

Thanks Lumi, that was a lot of fun! Smile

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96097 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2013 - 8:16 PM

Thank you Sarah - and thanks everyone for joining in this week Smile

Now do I tell you what it is or shall I keep you guessing for a while? Smile

AndS
AndS e2 Member 2869 forum postsAndS vcard England
22 Sep 2013 - 8:26 PM

Thanks for hosting Lumi and well done Alison, very interesting shot Grin

cattyal
22 Sep 2013 - 8:28 PM

As JoHa had correctly identified the object I figure I'll put a pic of the whole thing here - it's a Mole Trap.....

dsc03719.jpg

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64543 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
22 Sep 2013 - 9:40 PM

What a horrid thing! I'd not have got this even from seeing it whole. Looks rather gynaechological. Grin

cattyal
22 Sep 2013 - 10:21 PM

Quote: What a horrid thing! I'd not have got this even from seeing it whole. Looks rather gynaechological. Grin

An interesting idea - I won't ponder too much how it could be put to that kind of use! Smile

alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 2164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
23 Sep 2013 - 8:19 PM

Congrats!! Looking forward to the next one.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.