Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly Macro Challenge ending Sunday 9th June. Jewelry and Ornaments

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
robtaylor
robtaylor  13 England1 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2013 - 7:03 PM

Quote: You didn't say whether or not you accepted Rob!

That was the hard part. I didn't win any races and it would have cost me too much to post the camel back to England. We have just celebrated (?) thirty six years of marriage so I think I made the right choice, or so I keep getting reminded. Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Jun 2013 - 7:03 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

petebfrance
8 Jun 2013 - 1:19 PM

Hello. After a really impressive thunder storm yesterday*, the weather is pretty dull here today - in fact, not bad at all for taking and preparing an entry for the Weekly Macro ChallengeSmile

*Well, I was trying to think of a really subtle way of introducing the subject Wink

Last Modified By petebfrance at 8 Jun 2013 - 1:21 PM
Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2346 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2013 - 3:04 PM

Hello, Pete. Even though it is amazingly sunny here, resisted the temptation to rush outside and set up my entry for the challenge instead Smile Jacqui

petebfrance
8 Jun 2013 - 3:33 PM

That's the spirit, Jacqui, even if it does depress me just a little bit about the weatherWink Actually, it's picked up here, and I've just spent an entirely fruitless half hour or so trying to photograph a hatch of silver 'y' moths. All photos are wonderfully blurred - the **** things just won't keep still. Here's the best, but at half resolution because at full resolution it's just a blurry mess:
smallsy.jpg
skulking in the greenhouse. I was trying to get rid of the bar, but, well.. at least it shows the markings, I suppose.

Last Modified By petebfrance at 8 Jun 2013 - 3:34 PM
Griff2012
Griff2012 e2 Member 2346 forum postsGriff2012 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jun 2013 - 9:27 PM

It may be blurred but wow what a beautiful moth. You mentioned a swallowtail on the 'garden' thread hope the pics come out for that too. Smile Hope you have more sunshine tomorrow, Jacqui

petebfrance
8 Jun 2013 - 9:40 PM

Quote: It may be blurred but wow what a beautiful moth. You mentioned a swallowtail on the 'garden' thread hope the pics come out for that too. Smile Hope you have more sunshine tomorrow, Jacqui

Jacqui - thanks, yes silver y s have really beautifully patterned wings.
Swallowtails are reasonably restful so the pics were fine. I've put one in my PF and may upload a few more, but I already have a number there...
hope your good weather continues, ours is looking promising....
Pete

petebfrance
9 Jun 2013 - 1:59 PM

Just a quick reminder to get you macro photos of Jewelry / Ornaments in. Some great ones already loaded......

Gary66
Gary66  2158 forum posts England
9 Jun 2013 - 3:29 PM

On nights at the mo, so haven't had the time I hoped for this week to dazzle you all, but pleased with my entry, hope you like it.
B Lucky

petebfrance
9 Jun 2013 - 8:03 PM

OK, time's up.
Many thanks for excellent images (and making picking the winner difficult...). Will be back soon.

petebfrance
9 Jun 2013 - 8:39 PM

Very difficult, I'm afraid I really struggled. They were all really excellent and worthy winners in their own right. However, a decision is necessary.

In the end I've gone for Stuart's image - but a few comments:

Rob - excellent macro of the ring, good detail and texture and a rather nicely-judged off-centre composition
Jacqui - super close-up and very well-balanced composition, some really well-chosen shapes too...
Slowsong - 3rd. Great, graphic image, very simple, very well balanced
Gary - 2nd Really excellent. It was between this and Stuart's image and a very close decision
Stuart - 1st Lovely, graceful image. The balance of the composition seems to me 'just there' - a fraction off either way and the weights would have been unevenly distributed. Lovely lighting
Cattyal - excellent off-centre composition and use of repetition, light and texture.

Congratulations and over to you, Stuart

Stuart463
Stuart463 e2 Member 7563 forum postsStuart463 vcard United Kingdom
9 Jun 2013 - 9:59 PM

Thanks Pete for your comments, much appreciated. Well done to all who took part. Hopefully will see you all again next week with the new subject I have just posted.

Regards, Stuart

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64538 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2013 - 10:15 PM

Well done Stuart. A true macro image. Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.