Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Weekly Macro Challenge March 18th 6pm-CURRENCY

11 Mar 2012 6:24PM
The challenge for the coming week is:Currency

.........so fish in your pockets for your 's, $'s, Euros, Rupees, notes, coins, cheques, credit cards etc. etc...anything you can use to purchase stuff.

Hoping for loads of entries......I'm still off work after my op. so have loads of time to mither you all with regular reminders - got nowt else to do!!!

Hope you like the challenge.

Elaine

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dwilkin 8 24.3k United Kingdom
11 Mar 2012 7:04PM
Hmm - my boss has been promising me some old coins for weeks, now - must chase him up on that...

BTW - quick note for anyone taking part. I had a photo of some current British bank notes taken down from this site some time ago, as it is illegal to display photos of them - it comes under forgery, believe it or not!
oldblokeh 3 922 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2012 7:15PM

Quote:Hmm - my boss has been promising me some old coins for weeks, now - must chase him up on that...

BTW - quick note for anyone taking part. I had a photo of some current British bank notes taken down from this site some time ago, as it is illegal to display photos of them - it comes under forgery, believe it or not!

This is not correct. You can find photos of British banknotes all over the place. Here, for example: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/aug/12/de-la-rue-chief-quits

Or how about here? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7842426.stm

What you can't do is reproduce them on any material, except following certain guidelines.
11 Mar 2012 7:17PM
Oh 'eck........I don't want to be responsible for putting anyone behind bars........is it ok to post images of just coins then Darren? or do I need to change the theme of the challenge.

Elaine
11 Mar 2012 7:25PM
Just saw Steve's comment.

I'l just leave the challenge theme as is..............and it'll be up to everyone if they wish to upload photos of bank notes or not.

Thanks Steve and Darren
oldblokeh 3 922 United Kingdom
11 Mar 2012 8:04PM
Probably better to leave banknotes out to avoid any worry. The regulation are available on the BofE website, but they can be interpreted in different ways and seem to be ignored by the news media and even some government websites.
11 Mar 2012 8:10PM
Ok Steve - yes I think that's the best way to go. I'll post another comment clarifying that the challenge is for coins only. Thanks for your help.

Elaine

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.