Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Weekly Macro Challenge March 18th 6pm-CURRENCY

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    WeeGeordieLass
    WeeGeordieLass e2 Member 2338 forum postsWeeGeordieLass vcard England
    11 Mar 2012 - 6:24 PM

The challenge for the coming week is:Currency

.........so fish in your pockets for your £'s, $'s, Euros, Rupees, notes, coins, cheques, credit cards etc. etc...anything you can use to purchase stuff.

Hoping for loads of entries......I'm still off work after my op. so have loads of time to mither you all with regular reminders - got nowt else to do!!!

Hope you like the challenge.

Elaine

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Mar 2012 - 6:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dwilkin
    dwilkin e2 Member 724249 forum postsdwilkin vcard United Kingdom
    11 Mar 2012 - 7:04 PM

Hmm - my boss has been promising me some old coins for weeks, now - must chase him up on that...

BTW - quick note for anyone taking part. I had a photo of some current British bank notes taken down from this site some time ago, as it is illegal to display photos of them - it comes under forgery, believe it or not!

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3762 forum posts United Kingdom
    11 Mar 2012 - 7:15 PM

Quote: Hmm - my boss has been promising me some old coins for weeks, now - must chase him up on that...

BTW - quick note for anyone taking part. I had a photo of some current British bank notes taken down from this site some time ago, as it is illegal to display photos of them - it comes under forgery, believe it or not!

This is not correct. You can find photos of British banknotes all over the place. Here, for example: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/aug/12/de-la-rue-chief-quits

Or how about here? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7842426.stm

What you can't do is reproduce them on any material, except following certain guidelines.

WeeGeordieLass
    11 Mar 2012 - 7:17 PM

Oh 'eck........I don't want to be responsible for putting anyone behind bars........is it ok to post images of just coins then Darren? or do I need to change the theme of the challenge.

Elaine

WeeGeordieLass
    11 Mar 2012 - 7:25 PM

Just saw Steve's comment.

I'l just leave the challenge theme as is..............and it'll be up to everyone if they wish to upload photos of bank notes or not.

Thanks Steve and Darren

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3762 forum posts United Kingdom
    11 Mar 2012 - 8:04 PM

Probably better to leave banknotes out to avoid any worry. The regulation are available on the BofE website, but they can be interpreted in different ways and seem to be ignored by the news media and even some government websites.

WeeGeordieLass
    11 Mar 2012 - 8:10 PM

Ok Steve - yes I think that's the best way to go. I'll post another comment clarifying that the challenge is for coins only. Thanks for your help.

Elaine

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.