Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Well... I never thought I'd be asking....

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    30 Oct 2012 - 6:10 PM

... but

Had this email today:

I was wondering whether you'd be interested in selling advertising space on Mophotos.co.uk? The advertisement would be unobtrusive and we can pay you an annual upfront payment for the advertising space.

We can also provide guest blog posts from industry experts in many cases.

I am from Media Discovery, a new media agency headquartered in the UK. We plan out and acquire advertising space on major websites and portals, as well as smaller niche sites. I personally deal with our smaller publishers, increasing brand awareness and share of voice for the major brands that our group works with.

We'd love to work with your site. If you have any questions or would like further information, please do not hesitate to email me directly.

Kind Regards,
    Eva Robinson
    eva.robinson@mediadiscovery.com

Now.

I am the biggest 'sceptic' under the sun but... there is something 'ringing true' here...

Does anyone have any experience of this lot..???

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Oct 2012 - 6:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Dave_Collier
    30 Oct 2012 - 6:37 PM

You might get an answer here Mike

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8992 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Oct 2012 - 6:40 PM

We have had similar over the past few months sent to our local camera clubs email, content slightly varies but same name. No idea how safe it is.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 30 Oct 2012 - 6:41 PM
    pulsar69
    pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Oct 2012 - 7:33 PM

I had an apartments letting company contact me to buy advertising space on my site , they paid by cheque and I ran the advert for a year, everything went fine. Dont discount it as a scam as it may not be.. Its all about good inbound links so if your home page has a good page rank then that may be why they are trying to acquire a link to you.

MikeA
    MikeA  91174 forum posts England
    30 Oct 2012 - 7:37 PM

You might get rich Mike............Turnover 53USD per day!!!

http://www.statscrop.com/www/mediadiscovery.com

lemmy
    lemmy  71882 forum posts United Kingdom
    31 Oct 2012 - 11:02 AM

Personally I never deal with cold callers or senders of uninvited emails. If that is how they must sell their wares there is something wrong. I'm not saying they are a con, I wouldn't know.

Quote: I am the biggest 'sceptic' under the sun but... there is something 'ringing true' here...

It would be a pretty poor con man or company that didn't ring true, would it not?

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53629 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Oct 2012 - 11:40 AM

What you may not have control over is the content of the ads and whether they detract from your business, also whether they ultimately link to viral or scam sites - not necessarily due mediadiscovery, but 3rd parties.
    But if you are convinced that the content is safe enough - seems worth investigating.

I think if you are selling space then their is also a ePz affiliate scheme.

User_Removed
    31 Oct 2012 - 1:58 PM

Great input - as ever... Thanks everyone.

I may just give it a punt...

After all, I do have a SPAM email folder - and the ability to mark a chosen mail as 'Junk' Wink

lemmy
    lemmy  71882 forum posts United Kingdom
    31 Oct 2012 - 2:14 PM

They are just up the road from where I live.

wildworlds
    8 Dec 2012 - 2:33 PM

Thanks for the link Dave.... Glad to see I score 100%! Grin
    G

annettep38
    annettep38 e2 Member 3186 forum postsannettep38 vcard France32 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Feb 2013 - 3:37 PM

spamadvisor is itself not exactly trustworthy...but here is another rating
    http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mediadiscovery.com?utm_source=addon&utm_co...
    also, they contacted me a year ago and i answered their mail.... they wanted me to advertise GAMBLING. Told the lady to pack it up.

User_Removed
    9 Feb 2013 - 4:32 PM

Thanks Annette. As it happens, I haven't had time to follow up on this yet so... I don't think I'll bother!! Thanks again - everyone.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.