Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Well, Hello There!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rob007
    rob007  5 Canada
    29 Jan 2010 - 5:05 AM

I've only been lurking since last August, and have learned a ton just reading others posts. But its high time I introduced myself. I've been a hobby photographer for years now, but just got my first digital camera about a year and a half ago. Lots to learn!

I find myself doing a wide variety of photography - portraits, landscapes, macro, stilllife, its all fun. Lately I find myself at the rink a lot, so I've been shooting kids hockey. And not all that successfully to say the least. The action is fast, the lighting poor, black jerseys on white ice and too often I have to shoot through the plexiglass. But there is improvement.

My kit (so far):
    Sony A350
    Two Sony lens: 18-70mm 3.5 & 75-300 4.5
    Little Big Sig 70-200mm 2.8 (just got it!)
    Sigma Flash EF-530 DG super
    Monopod, Tripod
    24" Mac, 2GB, OS X v10.5.8,
    Photoshop Elements 6 (struggling mightily with it)
    Currently inactive, Two Pentax K1000 camera bodies with assorted lens, flash, etc.
    Old collection of Cokin filters

Looking forward to spending an evening soon browsing the tutorial section.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    29 Jan 2010 - 5:05 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Toonman
    Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2010 - 7:01 AM

Welcome Rob.

I like you have been lurking (Nearly 3 years) behind the scenes until recently. You have a decent kit setup. I hope we will hear more from you.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84282 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Jan 2010 - 7:05 AM

Hi Robin, welcome to EPZ!

This is a brilliant site, full of folk only too pleased to help. You've got the equipment and you've found the best site, now sit back, join in and enjoy! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work! Smile

bobspicturebox
    bobspicturebox e2 Member 4bobspicturebox vcard
    29 Jan 2010 - 11:07 AM

Hi All I'm new to this site but a seasoned photographer mainly into local nature weddings social groups and a volunteer photographer for many local groups and the Hampshire Wild Life Trust you can check out my work on flickr and photoanswers on the flickr site my name is the same on photoanswers it is bbspicturebox some how the o got missed in bob my name cheers happy snappy and together we might learn some more... bobp

rob007
    rob007  5 Canada
    31 Jan 2010 - 3:38 PM

Thanks Karen. Adam & Bob too. This site is a treasure trove of photo info and the people here seem very helpful.

Regarding my camera, I am toying with the idea of a major (for me) change. I've posted a message about it in the Sony forums.

Cheers to all.

mumbo
    mumbo  4
    31 Jan 2010 - 7:28 PM

Hi Rob,

I like you have been lurking for some time, and also signed up today, and enjoying the community already.

Good luck and welcome,

Now start uploading some pics and enjoy yourself mate.

Neil

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.