Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Well done England!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

cheddar-caveman
29 Dec 2010 - 8:32 AM

Something to cheer about at last, in this dark and cold winter, the England performance down under retaining the Ashes (cricket trpohy for those who only follow football). Well done lads, now really hurt them and win the last gameGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Dec 2010 - 8:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cantona43
cantona43 e2 Member 9885 forum postscantona43 vcard England4 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2010 - 9:57 AM

I watched the whole series and what makes me even happier it looks like the arrogant Ricky Ponting is to loose the captaincy, he probably wont play again for Australia but going by his performance this series he wont be missed by them. Well done England

triumphv8
triumphv8  7450 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Dec 2010 - 12:24 PM

Yes, well done , interesting story on the origin of the term Ashes here :-

Wikipedia - The Ashes :-

In Affectionate Remembrance
of ENGLISH CRICKET,
which died at the Oval
on
29th AUGUST 1882,
Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing
friends and acquaintances
R.I.P.
N.B.—The body will be cremated and the
ashes taken to Australia.

Hope we go out in style and win the last game and don't suffer a collapse - then not only can we bring back England's ashes, but those of Australian cricket aswell.

polis_928tadw59
29 Dec 2010 - 12:33 PM

It makes me laugh(or want to cry). Switched on Radio 4 at 7am this morning, and the main story was about cricket. Same on BBC tv breakfast. For gawds sake it is only a sport(?)/game.

Tandberg
Tandberg  111218 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2010 - 12:43 PM

I hate cricket, think its boring like snooker But its nice to see the aussies trounced in that friendly war we have in sporting games

devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2010 - 12:45 PM

Quote: It makes me laugh(or want to cry). Switched on Radio 4 at 7am this morning, and the main story was about cricket. Same on BBC tv breakfast. For gawds sake it is only a sport(?)/game.

ahhh but what a game Grin....especially Test Cricket...a true test of endurance and will...

Last Modified By devlin at 29 Dec 2010 - 12:45 PM
polis_928tadw59
29 Dec 2010 - 12:48 PM

devlin, I don't know whether to pity you, or send the men around in white coats.

cheddar-caveman
29 Dec 2010 - 9:27 PM

Quote: It makes me laugh(or want to cry). Switched on Radio 4 at 7am this morning, and the main story was about cricket. Same on BBC tv breakfast. For gawds sake it is only a sport(?)/game.

Must be a football supporter, and they don't go on about b***dy football all the time???? Day after day after day after day football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football, football etc etc. Makes me SICK!!

Ummm, that's better GrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
29 Dec 2010 - 9:35 PM

Quote: Devlin, I don't know whether to pity you, or send the men around in white coats.

why ? are u usually this indecisive ? Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 12:00 AM

When it's one country against another it's always more than a game.

I don't have the remotest interest in cricket, football or indeed any other sport, but even I can see national pride is involved......

cheddar-caveman
30 Dec 2010 - 8:36 AM

Quote: When it's one country against another it's always more than a game. I don't have the remotest interest in cricket, football or indeed any other sport, but even I can see national pride is involved......

And pride doesn't get any bigger than between Australia and EnglandTongue

Mstphoto
Mstphoto  6126 forum posts Scotland1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 8:50 AM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!

Seriously, something to brighten up the winter days for you folks down souff.
Well done

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95933 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
30 Dec 2010 - 8:59 AM

Credit where credit is due.
England have finally assembled a unit, rather than some of the egoistic players they had.
I still cringe, after the last series down under, when the players were presented with the various awards etc; to see a scruffy Flintoff in a vest(Captain I might add), where as all the others were dressed accordingly.
He might have helped to win over here, but as a representative of England in Australia, he was a bloody joke.

I don't think for one minute that England have the best eleven/twelve players in the world, but Strauss seems to have gelled them into a very strong unit.
He (Strauss) also goes about his position in a very professional manner, unlike Vaughan, who had also developed egoistic tendencies.

If they can produce a couple more series wins, against decent opposition, then they can deservably claim to be the number one test side in the world.

As for Australia, I believe it is going to take four to five years to achieve anything like their best.
They have been gulity of their own success and a whole generation of players could not force themeselves into the five day squad. They have now gone without picking up a bat or ball for their country. So it is the next generation of young talent who they (Australia) are now looking toward.

Just my thoughts

Adrian

polis_928tadw59
30 Dec 2010 - 12:32 PM

[quote]Devlin, I don't know whether to pity you, or send the men around in white coats.

why ? are u usually this indecisive ? Smile
I am not indecisive at all, but I find at times I cannot make up my mind.Grin

polis_928tadw59
31 Dec 2010 - 12:45 PM

Looks like all the cricket supporters have gone to sleep, until the final test starts when ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? And what about the posting above from Tandberg, " I hate cricket." He is a Yorkshireman. It is a different kettle of eggs (?), sausages(?)fish(?) when Yorkshire are top of the County table.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.