Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Well done England!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 12:50 PM

nah - he's a philistine whether it's national or county level Smile

Only reason Lancs never win the championship is the rain in Manchester - so many times we're runners up Sad

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Dec 2010 - 12:50 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73906 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 1:37 PM

Quote: Only reason Lancs never win the championship is the rain in Manchester - so many times we're runners up Sad

Nah, ...excuses, excuses you all still think the bats a club over there Wink

Great to see the Aussies well beaten for a change. Tho' Shane Warne on Twitter's been brilliant and exceptionally sporting .. Can't be a true Aussie then Wink

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014842 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 1:41 PM

we like to club Yorkshiremen with them, that's true enough Wink

Get them back over the pennines!

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73906 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 1:53 PM

Not that successfully then Wink

Yorkshire 31
Lancashire 8

Did you see when the cameras showed Warne coaching Panasar - in full suit, tie normal shoes still turned the ball more than anything Ive seen for a while.

ade_mcfade
31 Dec 2010 - 2:09 PM

Quote: Not that successfully then

Yorkshire 31
Lancashire 8

??

Nick_w
31 Dec 2010 - 2:10 PM

No of titles Ade

ade_mcfade
31 Dec 2010 - 2:40 PM

well there you go - wonder if you can find out how many days play lost due to rain a team had or draws forced from winning positions by rain.

in the 90's lancs won just about every 1 day tournament, but 4 rain-free days in a row... very rare you get that in Manchester! I used to live there, I know!

Nick_w
31 Dec 2010 - 2:45 PM

No its 'cos they could put up with Bumble in the dressing room for one day ... 3 days would drive you mad and lose concentration.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95934 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 4:05 PM

well worth a read ,if you are interested in the demise of Australia
Peter English

polis_928tadw59

The last test must be starting soon. I cannot wait for it. Going to sit out in the garden with a deck chair,and some Fosters- listening to Newcastle Dis-united on the radio. Mind when I 'were a lad', or as they say in Geordieland, "When Aa waas a bairn" I remember when the England cricket team was full of Yorkshiremen and Lancastrians, and the odd Surrey man thrown in for good measure. WE won everything. I also remember the time, when Durham, then a non league side beat, walloped, trounced, stuffed, Yorkshire in the Gillette Cup.

ade_mcfade
2 Jan 2011 - 4:10 PM

Starts tonight - can we hope for another sub-100 innings from Australia then a mighty 500 from England?

I hope Strauss or Trott get 200 - just so we have a few double centurions to praise Smile

There was a time in the 90's when 6 of Lancashire's team went to test duty - I forget exactly who they were, Atherton was obviously one, Jason Gallian and John Crawley were 2 more - can't think who the others were... think it was pre-freddy.

Anyway - just Jimmy Anderson from lancs now, he's doing a mighty fine job too.

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3655 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2011 - 9:40 PM

Although Lancashire are clearly the best County in the Championship it is irrelevant, we will simply be as one cheering England on against the former convicts now known as Aussies.Wink

Nick_w
3 Jan 2011 - 12:24 AM

Quote: There was a time in the 90's when 6 of Lancashire's team went to test duty - I forget exactly who they were, Atherton was obviously one, Jason Gallian and John Crawley were 2 more - can't think who the others were... think it was pre-freddy.

Possibly one or more of the following Peter Martin, Paul Allott, Graeme Fowler, Peter Martin and Neil Fairbrother

polis_928tadw59

I am afraid that the test match has fallen markedly in the BBCs R4 headlines, this morning. It ranked about No4-5 item, but it did preceed the "NEWS" about Nigel Pargeter falling from the roof of Loxley Hall, in The Archers. I ask you what is this country coming to, when news programmes cover the fictional soaps, etc. And as regards the Aussies, I would let them beat us resoundingly. Look at the state their country is in with the flooding. A victory would cheer them up no end. Let us be magnanimous.

meercat
meercat  5278 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Jan 2011 - 8:33 AM

Quote: There was a time in the 90's when 6 of Lancashire's team went to test duty - I forget exactly who they were, Atherton was obviously one, Jason Gallian and John Crawley were 2 more - can't think who the others were... think it was pre-freddy.

Possibly one or more of the following Peter Martin, Paul Allott, Graeme Fowler, Peter Martin and Neil Fairbrother

Phil Defraitas (spelling) was one. Mike Watkinson had a few games as well I think?

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.