Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Well done England!

MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
3 Jan 2011 9:10AM

Quote:............... against the former convicts now known as Aussies..........)

I don't mind them being descended from convicts - it scares the hell out of me that some are the spawn of their warders

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

3 Jan 2011 1:55PM
Well, pretty good start to test 5, 134/4 t stumps. Shame about the weather, guess the Aussies have been doing their rain dances! Hope it stays fine for tonight so we get a full days play and I thnik we may well be batting by the end of the dayGrinGrin
29 Jan 2011 12:34PM
Has this died the death ? Now that England are struggling in the 1 day matches. Or are the one day matches not proper cricket ? Like when we used to play in the back street with the wickets chalked on the wall, and it was a case of tipply- run, and any wicket.Grin
devlin 4 651 39 India
29 Jan 2011 12:51PM

Quote:Has this died the death ? Now that England are struggling in the 1 day matches. Or are the one day matches not proper cricket ? Like when we used to play in the back street with the wickets chalked on the wall, and it was a case of tipply- run, and any wicket.Grin

Sorry been following the S.A vs India tour...much more interesting Smilei used to get into plenty of trouble for smashing windows Wink just couldnt keep the shot on the ground Grin
29 Jan 2011 1:19PM
Oh we lived in a posh part of a mining village- we played cricket between the 2 end walls of 2 terrace blocks. There were no windows to be seen, and you could hammer the ball anywhere. Also we had a wicket chalked on each wall, hence the term tipply-run, any wicket. If you nicked the ball you had to run, and by hitting either wicket with the ball you were out if you had not made the crease. You want to suggest this type to MCC, it might liven up the game.Grin I was a very keen cricketer until we got a sports master who had played for Warwicks., I think. Afternoon sports each week was spent in the nets, and it turned us off.
devlin 4 651 39 India
29 Jan 2011 2:32PM
Lol brings back memories...Smile rules were pretty much the same here...but we played on the streets its called Gully cricket literally translated Street Cricket...see images below (slightly blurred and stuff but you get the idea Wink)

-mg-0886.jpg

-mg-0888.jpg

30 Jan 2011 12:19PM
Stone me, the photos look like you were playing in paradise- compared to a back lane in a pit village. Eventually got a set of wooden stumps and stand, as per the photo, and as they were mine I picked the team. Yippee. Then they did not want to know me when it got to the football season, or the marbles season, etc.Grin
3 Feb 2011 6:21PM
Looks like CheddarCaveman has given up the ghost for England, now that they are getting THUMPED in the 1-day series. I suppose he will be supporting the England Netball/Hockey/ tiddleywinks, teams who are playing Patagonia this weekend, whether they be make or female.Grin
3 Mar 2011 4:55PM
CHEDDARCAVEMAN, WHERE ARE YOU ? It looks like England have been WELL DONE, by di paddies, bejazus.
Daffy1 7 337 Ireland
3 Mar 2011 5:37PM
Well Done England you took your beating like real men yesterday in the Cricket World Cup. Slainte . Damian
devlin 4 651 39 India
3 Mar 2011 8:08PM

Quote:Well Done England you took your beating like real men yesterday in the Cricket World Cup. Slainte . Damian

and Canada almost beat Pakistan today....Smile this is turning out to be one helluva World Cup...i just wish the pitches had a little something in it for the bowlers then it would get really interesting...as it is all the bowlers seem to be taking a bit of a pasting right now....i guess we in India will never have more sporting pitches....Sad
4 Mar 2011 8:55AM
I'm here, with my head in my hands. What a load of tossers! We are seriously lacking in the bowling department. I would drop Anderson and keep Shahzad now that Broad is back. Anderson has completely lost it and we can't afford 8 runs an over in ODI's.

Heaven help us against SA on Sunday but then, having said that, look at our performance against India. We seem to rise to the occasion??

We'll seeWink
devlin 4 651 39 India
4 Mar 2011 9:04AM

Quote:Heaven help us against SA on Sunday but then, having said that, look at our performance against India. We seem to rise to the occasion??

A score of 300+ and a tie...certainly rose to the occassion Smile...."Shakes his head and wonders what the world is coming too"
5 Mar 2011 7:33AM
Oh well, at least we've lost the "lowest score" honour to Bangladesh. We did have a 93 some years ago but they only managed 58 all out! Hope yetSad

(I've got an annoying American spell check that keeps underlining words (honour) spelt correctly in English!)
6 Mar 2011 7:42AM
Oh dear, 171 all out in 45.4 overs! Bloody patheticSad

Oh well, maybe it'll rainGrin

T A I L O C !
T A I L O C !
T A I L O C !
(GOD OF RAIN??)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.