Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Well done England!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2011 - 7:08 PM

The pressures on, now that S.A beat IndiaGrin
Lose to the Windies and it is the next plane homeSad

Might set up a stall selling rotten fruit & veg near to the airportWink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Mar 2011 - 7:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cheddar-caveman
15 Mar 2011 - 7:21 AM

Huh, no pressure thenSad Mind you, they do seem to have the ability to pull out the stops when the pressure is on. I believe they are once again promoting Prior to open with Straus - not his best position. Just have to hope Anderson is on form. We can't afford 8 an over against the WI.

devlin
devlin  4651 forum posts India39 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2011 - 9:25 AM

Quote: West Indies next - worth a bet (on WI)Wink

Naah on this one iam gonna bet on England...i have a feeling they are going to pull a rabbit out of a hat Wink

Cheers

cheddar-caveman
18 Mar 2011 - 10:17 AM

WOW, what a gameTongue Never had so many highs and lows in one match! I thought we were dead after our "not too good" batting performance and then the initial onslaught by Chris Gayle. But then, as has happened so often, we got it right in the field.

Well done England.

Now I have strong support for SA on Saturday!!Grin

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
19 Mar 2011 - 8:19 PM

The Aussies unbeaten run as endedSad

Better now, than in the quarters/semisSmile

Lee(Brett) nearly pulled it offGrin

devlin
19 Mar 2011 - 8:21 PM

yeah it was hell of a match.,...and now the fun begins....any takers for whose going to get the cup ??

tomcat
19 Mar 2011 - 9:14 PM

The winners of the Aussie/India game would be my personal prediction

There again S.A have always promised so much, then faltered when it matteredSad

Grahame Smith has been a superb captain for them, over the years.

He took the job on in his early twenties, when they were in turmoil & has conducted himself impeccably

If the Aussies are knocked out before the final, then they would be my teamSmile

A pommie who has supported Aussie cricket since 1961 (I have had my ups and downs over the years)Wink

Adrian

devlin
20 Mar 2011 - 8:21 AM

Quote: A pommie who has supported Aussie cricket since 1961 (I have had my ups and downs over the years)Wink

Yeah well they are not at their peak right now...Smile though they are still a formidable side on their day Smile..my money is on India this time around though there are still teams around which can deliver the goods on their day, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are looking good so far and England have shown they can put up a good fight so at the end of the day it could be anyone's cup this time around Smile

cheddar-caveman
21 Mar 2011 - 9:27 AM

So, England/Sri Lanka on Saturday. That could go either way! I think a 10 Eng and 5 SL should cover itWink

Winner? I fancy South Africa. They have certainly been the most consistent during the R/R stageSmile but having said that another 5 on England could reap resultsGrin

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2011 - 11:31 AM

England have been so topsy turvey - beat SA, drew with India yet lost to minnows....

They have to string 3 great games together - I really don't think they can overcome Sri Lanka unless they get a huge innings, pressure on Strauss and Trott I reckon - Prior will no doubt hit a few exciting boundaries and get himself out for 20 Wink

If we were to win, we'd have the Ashes, 20-20 world cup, Cricket World Cup AND the 6-Nations trophy - not a bad time

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73840 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2011 - 12:32 PM

Winning the Ashes would have been enough !!

I think the bowlers in particular are showing signs of wear & tear - hence so many injuries - whoever put the winter schedule together...

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014778 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2011 - 3:37 PM

I agree - someone like Freddy Flintoff had another 3-5 years of play in him, but the mental schedule put him out - bowlers legs take a pounding and they need to recover... his never did. Same with Vaughan actually - he was out through knee issues too.

Still, they're both doing well now - Vaughan's a great TMS commentator and Freddy's challenging the world on ITV 4 Wink He seems a right laugh on that !

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2011 - 5:24 PM

Quote: I agree - someone like Freddy Flintoff had another 3-5 years of play in him,

Maybe in his legs he did but not in his liver Wink

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73840 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
21 Mar 2011 - 5:39 PM

Quote: I agree - someone like Freddy Flintoff had another 3-5 years of play in him,

Not just with hindsight, I said at the time all those cortisone injections to get him through were criminal - if he'd been operated on when the problem first materialised he would have been playing now. The stresses a quick bowler puts onto the knees / ankle is incredible.

When I was playing I saw one guy whos knee bent forward and snapped the knee cap - he bowled like Mike Proctor, if anyone remembers him, off the wrong leg. The only reason he did that was he gave up 1st class cricket due to problems with his "proper" bowling leg. I'd hate to think what hes like now.

I was told by a very good source - that when Yorkshire built there indoor centre at Headingley a whole bunch of young quick bowlers had to retire in their 20's with stress fractures. The surface was layed directly onto conctrete. The likes of Gough refused to bowl on it after a couple of weeks - but the kids were too keen. They've corrected it now.

Bridgelayer
21 Mar 2011 - 7:33 PM

Quote: I was told by a very good source - that when Yorkshire built there indoor centre at Headingley a whole bunch of young quick bowlers had to retire in their 20's with stress fractures. The surface was layed directly onto conctrete. The likes of Gough refused to bowl on it after a couple of weeks - but the kids were too keen. They've corrected it now.
Very true. It not only buggered up their limbs, bad coaching did the same to what used to be good, natural rhythm and bowling actions.

(I played with one of the victims - at cricket, that is!)
WinkWink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.