Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Well done Sigma

Willpower 3 219 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2012 2:04PM
A few years ago I bought a Sigma 18-200 OS lens off an auction site 2nd hand. The lens performed well for about 2 years then developed a fault where the image quivered in the viewfinder. I considered this as a consequence of buying 2nd hand. However I then had a slight panic as this was only 1 month before I was due to go on a once in a lifetime holiday to China.

As I was pleased with the results of this lens and was used to using it and in view of my impending holiday, I purchase a brand new identical lens from Warehouse Express.
That was in 2010. I have been using this lens constantly ever since. About 2 months ago this new (ish) lens started behaving the same way as the previous one.
So I wrote to Sigma. They replied and suggested that I send the lens to them for repair. I received an acknowledgement of receipt this morning.

At the bottom is a Remarks line : Done free of charge as a good will gesture

Remember that the Sigma guarantee is for 1 year and this lens is now over 2 years old. Well done Sigma this is customer service as it should be.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

13 Sep 2012 2:22PM
Always good to have some positive feedback in this world! Wink
13 Sep 2012 3:53PM
Nice one Sigma!

I'll keep that in mind should my Sigma lenses ever need repairing Smile
Willpower 3 219 United Kingdom
13 Sep 2012 4:20PM
Precisely. In my discussions with them they pointed out that they have a standard tariff for repairs, based on the type of lens itself, should it be out of warranty. Which I think is also very fair. In my case it was 98 which I was prepared to pay.

So you can imagine my pleasure on receiving a FOC repair. They obviously considered that the repetition of the same fault on the same type of lens on a second occasion, was worthy of some goodwill.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.