Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Well done Sigma

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Willpower
    Willpower  3163 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Sep 2012 - 2:04 PM

A few years ago I bought a Sigma 18-200 OS lens off an auction site 2nd hand. The lens performed well for about 2 years then developed a fault where the image quivered in the viewfinder. I considered this as a consequence of buying 2nd hand. However I then had a slight panic as this was only 1 month before I was due to go on a once in a lifetime holiday to China.

As I was pleased with the results of this lens and was used to using it and in view of my impending holiday, I purchase a brand new identical lens from Warehouse Express.
    That was in 2010. I have been using this lens constantly ever since. About 2 months ago this new (ish) lens started behaving the same way as the previous one.
    So I wrote to Sigma. They replied and suggested that I send the lens to them for repair. I received an acknowledgement of receipt this morning.

At the bottom is a Remarks line : Done free of charge as a good will gesture

Remember that the Sigma guarantee is for 1 year and this lens is now over 2 years old. Well done Sigma this is customer service as it should be.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Sep 2012 - 2:04 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Louise_Morris
    Louise_Morris e2 Member 32142 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
    13 Sep 2012 - 2:22 PM

Always good to have some positive feedback in this world! Wink

Umberto_Vanni
    Umberto_Vanni e2 Member 9304 forum postsUmberto_Vanni vcard Scotland
    13 Sep 2012 - 3:53 PM

Nice one Sigma!

I'll keep that in mind should my Sigma lenses ever need repairing Smile

Willpower
    Willpower  3163 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Sep 2012 - 4:20 PM

Precisely. In my discussions with them they pointed out that they have a standard tariff for repairs, based on the type of lens itself, should it be out of warranty. Which I think is also very fair. In my case it was 98 which I was prepared to pay.

So you can imagine my pleasure on receiving a FOC repair. They obviously considered that the repetition of the same fault on the same type of lens on a second occasion, was worthy of some goodwill.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.