Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Well said Boris

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 44037 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway26 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2012 - 7:51 PM

Mayor Boris' brilliant speech at the victory parade for Team GB and Team PGB

Well said that man.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Sep 2012 - 7:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104047 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2012 - 7:54 PM

Watched it in awe, Boris is just superb. Got the crowds and the athletes cheering as well.

Eastlands
Eastlands e2 Member 3656 forum postsEastlands vcard Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2012 - 8:02 PM

Boris is just brilliant.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
10 Sep 2012 - 8:06 PM

Mmmm, praising Britain and British acheivements, won't go down well in certain quarters. Smile

Good on yer Boris, we need more of your ilk.

Louise_Morris
Louise_Morris e2 Member 42396 forum postsLouise_Morris vcard England
10 Sep 2012 - 8:08 PM

We could do with a few more like Boris around - then again he is a total "one off" and thats probably why we all love him!! Not afraid to open his mouth and doesn't care what he looks like when he says it!!

Doglet
Doglet  756 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Sep 2012 - 8:43 PM

Boris is the MAN. Well said Bring on the next election!! Boris for PM

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122319 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2012 - 8:47 PM

He certainly is entertaining and not a fool. However, Boris as PM....I don't think so Smile

Doglet
Doglet  756 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Sep 2012 - 8:52 PM

He cannot be any worse than the two muppets that are there now. Lol

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2012 - 9:30 PM

I think I must have just emerged at the other end of some weird reality warp. Boris!! I mean, BORIS!! He's a buffoon and god help us all if he get's any more of a grip on power.

Mind you it might just be the kick the "Yes" campaign needs in Scotland. Sorry, I've changed my mind. Good old Boris. Dontcha just luv 'im?

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
10 Sep 2012 - 10:08 PM

No, not a buffoon. An authentic, traditional British eccentric! The kind we don't see so often these days. He's turned out to be quite the national treasure over the past few weeks. Smile

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72542 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
10 Sep 2012 - 10:27 PM

Totally agree with that md.. Boris is certainly no fool..I'd believe him before many, many politicians..

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
10 Sep 2012 - 10:33 PM

I never heard anyone call Tony Blair a buffoon, and look at the mess he got us into!
Give me an honest 'buffoon' any day over a lying intellectual..

Last Modified By macroman at 10 Sep 2012 - 10:34 PM
StuartAt
StuartAt e2 Member 91034 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Sep 2012 - 11:14 PM

Great speech - loved the bit about Judo! Grin

monstersnowman
11 Sep 2012 - 4:24 AM

Boris may be a buffoon in the dictionary term but he certainly is no fool .. not in the slightest.

If you wish to judge someone on his hair, dress, or laid back attitude the you may feel that but I would say judging people on their appearance is a very poor standard. He didnt get where he was just by having some cash but by being highly intelligent, very personable and politically adept. He also has the unusual political ability to speak his mind and not be afraid to stray from the shiny, manicured political character we are usually served up in major office with their party political scripted replies that seem to avoid any meaningful information in fear of losing a vote or upsetting some pressure group or minority, and he is quite happy to risk making a fool of his self in the way all humans expect to in one way or another at some time or another.

In short Boris is perhaps exactly what we need in politicians and the fact that some judge him on his appearance and lazy, comfortable character in a negative way is why we, year after year, constantly get the spin driven, polished, greasy, smarmy, lying, shysters that populate politics in their hundreds and thousands. Boris may not be everyone's political choice but I strongly believe he is pretty much an honest and 'what you see is what you get' politician - which is something surprising for me to say when I have a pretty wide and encompassing dislike for 99% of politicians.

Ewanneil
Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Sep 2012 - 7:56 AM

Jeez. I really have emerged out of some weird reality warp.

I didn't say Boris was a liar. Nor did I say anything about Tony Blair. And although, whether we like it or not, we all judge people by their appearance that was not why I called him a buffoon. My dictionary definition of choice for the word buffoon is: A person who amuses others by his ridiculous or odd behaviour; - a ludicrous or bumbling person.

If you want a leading politician like that then fine but I cannot imagine that he would command much respect amongst the states-people of the world. He is already lampooned at home and abroad and it would worry me greatly that he would become a laughing stock and make us one too.

My biggest gripe with Boris is his inability to express himself and his ideas clearly and succinctly and without resorting to Latin quotes to cover up the shallowness of his arguments. I am reminded of the words of Holden Caulfield from The Catcher in the Rye - "All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to.". I think Boris relies on that tactic a little too much for my liking.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.