Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Well said Boris

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 10:20 AM

Quote: We've got to commit ourselves to building about half a million homes over the next decade

Or reduce immigration by getting out of the EU. There would be plenty of houses available then.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Sep 2012 - 10:20 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
mikehit  46182 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 11:54 AM

I was going to post this in the light-hearted forum but I thought it was appropriate here as well:

Recently, whilst I was working in the flower beds in the front garden, my neighbours stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog. During our friendly conversation, I asked their 12 year old daughter what she wanted to be when she grows up. She said she wanted to be Prime Minister one day. Both of her parents Labour Party voters - were standing there, so I asked her: "If you were Prime Minister what would be the 1st thing you would do?"
She replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."
Her parents beamed with pride!
"Wow, what a worthy goal!" I said. "But you don't have to wait until you're Prime Minister to do that!" I told her.
"What do you mean?" she replied.
So I told her: "You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, trim my hedge and I'll pay you 50. Then you can go down to the Town Centre, find a homeless man and can give him the 50 to buy food." She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless man come over and do the work and you can just pay him the 50?"
I said, "Welcome to the Conservative Party".
Her parents aren't speaking to me any more

keith selmes
20 Sep 2012 - 1:01 PM

I'm not sure the Conservative Party does really advocate using the black economy to undermine legitimitate garden maintenance businesses Grin

If you lend homeless man your camera, he can shoot weddings all week and every weekend, 50 quid a go, cash in hand and no questions asked Wink
No doubt photographers everywhere would applaud such enterprising activity (!)

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
20 Sep 2012 - 1:11 PM

Aggressive tax avoidance is surely part of the Black Economy? Well, Grey Economy anyway. Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.