Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Well that cheered me up!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3820 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Jul 2012 - 7:49 PM

I broke my left index finger a couple of weeks ago. I say 'broke' -- actually it was a volar plate avulsion fracture (look it up!) that only requires a partial splint to prevent over-straightening of the finger. Trouble was, they told me I wasn't allowed to drive on the grounds that the insurance companies wouldn't cover me wearing a splint. Had an appointment with the physio today and I raised the driving issue again. She said there was no medical reason for me not to drive, but to check with the insurance company as I will have to wear the splint for another four weeks.

I was anticipating the worst when I called my insurer, Prudential. Imagine my surprise when the young lady told me that if the medics say I can drive, then it's fine by them. A serious outbreak of common sense, for once, and from an insurance company, too! Who'd have though it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Jul 2012 - 7:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84280 forum postsKarenFB vcard England163 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Jul 2012 - 8:00 PM

Sounds like a painful way to test your Insurers! Wink

Hope it isn't too sore - at least you'll still be able to get about! Smile

YoBellzaa
    YoBellzaa ePHOTOzine Staff 7224 forum postsYoBellzaa vcard England
    23 Jul 2012 - 8:38 PM

Can't be any worse than having just one eye, like my old neighbour used to. He had quite a few bumps, mostly with the fence.

oldblokeh
    oldblokeh  3820 forum posts United Kingdom
    23 Jul 2012 - 9:05 PM

Quote: Sounds like a painful way to test your Insurers! Wink

Hope it isn't too sore - at least you'll still be able to get about! Smile

Not sore at all, I'm happy to report. The air was blue for a few minutes when I did it and the swelling was impressive though. Grin

Quote: Can't be any worse than having just one eye

Hmm, quite a few like that round here, I suspect Wink

Tooth
    Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2012 - 12:47 AM

A few years ago I let an insurance policy lapse because of a mix up and crossed wires over a payment of 10 while I was in the process of changing banks.

Unfortunately I had recently been to see the bowel surgeon re an annoying problem with my bum! and had to have a sigmoidoscopy (camera up my bum), and was then prescribed various bulking agents etc which led to a full clear-up of my symptoms.

They wouldn't re-instate the policy however (even though it was their own mistake), but insisted on a full update of my medical history since the last time they had written to me.

I wrote a two page letter focussing on how my bowels were before the test and the full experience of going to the toilet etc, and described in intimate detail how the viscosity, colour, smell aeratedness etc had all considerably improved.

I followed up with a description of the chronic nasal problems I was having, not holding back on the thick crusty mucus and gallons of snot thrown in.

They re-instated the policy with no further correspondence, and I kept the letter for posterity Smile though consider it a bit much to post on here ...

paulcr
    paulcr  91536 forum posts Ireland9 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2012 - 1:37 AM

My wife took out health policies on us 2 years ago. 6 months later I had a heart attack. Last year she took out pet insurance on the dog. 2 months later the dog needed surgery on both cruciate ligaments. I told her to stop insuring us. Its bad luck Smile
    Paul

monstersnowman
    24 Jul 2012 - 5:25 AM

Certainly without making any reference to anyone on here ... You can question insurance companies morality and honesty but never was there an industry so widely robbed by so-called honest members of the public on a regular basis lol. As a police officer I was sent to a burglary where they had claimed to have several hundred 's stolen that was hidden under the record player. On lifting the record player I found a layer of undisturbed dust .... I made sure my report took account of this fact but I doubt the insurance company got this info .. No wonder they try to get out of many claims and charge a fortune - its just a game of 'we know most of you are robbing them, and you know they will try to avoid paying out .... ' if they didn't they would be out of business in a heart beat.

crissyb
    crissyb e2 Member 2crissyb vcard United Kingdom
    24 Jul 2012 - 7:17 AM

make sure you get it in writing then send a copy to your insurers recorded delivery so you have proof they have recieved it,do not rely on telephone conversations,

Railcam
    Railcam  7477 forum posts Scotland
    24 Jul 2012 - 9:29 AM

Quote: send a copy to your insurers recorded delivery

All that Recorded Delivery does is record the delivery. If the postal service looses it before final delivery they have no means of tracking its progress in order to find it.

The service you should use is Guaranteed Delivery and the item has to be signed for at each hand over point. Hence there is a trail if it goes missing in transit.

I hope this is of use.

Just Jas
    Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jul 2012 - 1:43 PM

Royal Mail special delivery - guaranteed by 1pm next day - about 8.

Up to 500 value if remember correctly.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.