Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Wellington/Waterproof Boot recommendation

RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
15 Jan 2008 9:39PM

Quote:personally I like the purple Hunters

Purple Hunters. Whatever next? That could only have come from a woman! Smile
I'm on my third pair of (GREEN) Hunters which I've worn regularly (thanks to dogs) for about 20 years. They've just sprung a leak so I'm in the market for some new ones. How much are they these days?
Rog

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c 10 4.5k 36 England
15 Jan 2008 10:03PM

Quote:How much are they these days?

About 30 upwards I think.
Little Jo e2
13 2.3k United Kingdom
15 Jan 2008 10:19PM
Shop around and you should be able to get a pair for about 40. Most places charge about 50. They're standard green ones, but I needed to try before buying as I'm quite short.

Do a search on Google - you should get a sensible price. Hunters are made again in Scotland after an unsuccessful attempt to transfer production to China.

Jo
alwolf 7 341 3 England
15 Jan 2008 10:24PM
My kids talk about Nike,I Pods,Ps3 Xbox, Touch Phones, we talk about Wellies .....God i feel old lol
15 Jan 2008 10:34PM

Quote:unsuccessful attempt to transfer production to China.

Chinese Hunters? Purple Hunters? The world's gone mad. Sad
Rog
Fishnet 10 5.0k 5 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2008 12:36AM
I could have writen the op today !!
I have a dog that I walk every day in all weathers and right now it is definitely wellie weather and what did I discover today ? That yet again ANOTHER pair of my wellies have split and let all the water in, this time they were Ikea ones, the ones previous were Peter Storm from Millets that spilt and I couldn't get a refund only vouchers and as the only branch of Millets I know of near my parenst closed down I am left 20 and a pair of boots out of pocket. I've lost count of ones previous to them.

I said today I would love a pair of bright red Hunters but there is no way I can afford them.

All I want is a pair of wellies that will NOT split where the upper meets the sole and will last me years to come, that aren't men's and don't cost a fortune.

I have a 'thing' for red footwear, but if I have to have grungy green I suppose I'll have to.
Why do practical things always have to be such boring coloursSad
16 Jan 2008 12:43AM

Quote:I would love a pair of bright red Hunters

Jeeeeeeez. I give up!! Smile
16 Jan 2008 12:50AM
Lol, my theory is, if there are so many wonderful colours in the world, why do so many things have to be made in black,brown or khaki???
16 Jan 2008 12:51AM
Just thought, the Crocs georgie wellies look quite good, but I wish they came up higher.
Serkta 7 42 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2008 9:18AM

Quote:Lol, my theory is, if there are so many wonderful colours in the world, why do so many things have to be made in black,brown or khaki???

Hi, I have just ordered some black Hunters (I didn't want green either!) from Uttings for 45 ish delivered which was about the cheapest I could find in black (there is cheaper on ebay etc but most are navy or green that I didn't want). They look good and long and should last for years although it will be interesting to see how they fare against the cheaper boots others have mentioned.

Have a look on their website as there is a wild and wonderful range that would meet anyones needs including croc style Hunters.

Cheers
KatieR 10 6.2k 6
16 Jan 2008 9:25AM
I borrowed a pair of Hunters and agree that they are very comfortable - quite unlike other wellies.

I fancy a pair of Muckboots - northernlight mentioned them - as they appear to be better insulated. They are available from equestrian outlets.
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
16 Jan 2008 9:28AM
Hunters are great......until you start walking on rough stony ground with them and you'll feel every pebble
KatieR 10 6.2k 6
16 Jan 2008 9:29AM
Yes, I guess the soles are not the best in that respect. But the flexi ankle is brill.
Hunters are still in production although the factory shop has closed.

Hunter website

Factory is still producing an assortment of wellies and obviously as I stated in my other post they're introducing new lines for spring.

Keith's comment about feeling pebbles is true for some of the models but I use Sorbothane double strike insoles in mine and that cushions beautifully.

Quote:why do so many things have to be made in black,brown or khaki???

Check out the Hunter link to the website above they come in a rainbow of colours, including red Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.