Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Wellington/Waterproof Boot recommendation

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
RogBrown
RogBrown  73005 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2008 - 9:39 PM

Quote: personally I like the purple Hunters

Purple Hunters. Whatever next? That could only have come from a woman! Smile
I'm on my third pair of (GREEN) Hunters which I've worn regularly (thanks to dogs) for about 20 years. They've just sprung a leak so I'm in the market for some new ones. How much are they these days?
Rog

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jan 2008 - 9:39 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c
justin c  104522 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2008 - 10:03 PM

Quote: How much are they these days?

About 30 upwards I think.

Little Jo
Little Jo e2 Member 122272 forum postsLittle Jo vcard United Kingdom
15 Jan 2008 - 10:19 PM

Shop around and you should be able to get a pair for about 40. Most places charge about 50. They're standard green ones, but I needed to try before buying as I'm quite short.

Do a search on Google - you should get a sensible price. Hunters are made again in Scotland after an unsuccessful attempt to transfer production to China.

Jo

alwolf
alwolf  7341 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jan 2008 - 10:24 PM

My kids talk about Nike,I Pods,Ps3 Xbox, Touch Phones, we talk about Wellies .....God i feel old lol

RogBrown
15 Jan 2008 - 10:34 PM

Quote: unsuccessful attempt to transfer production to China.

Chinese Hunters? Purple Hunters? The world's gone mad. Sad
Rog

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2008 - 12:36 AM

I could have writen the op today !!
I have a dog that I walk every day in all weathers and right now it is definitely wellie weather and what did I discover today ? That yet again ANOTHER pair of my wellies have split and let all the water in, this time they were Ikea ones, the ones previous were Peter Storm from Millets that spilt and I couldn't get a refund only vouchers and as the only branch of Millets I know of near my parenst closed down I am left 20 and a pair of boots out of pocket. I've lost count of ones previous to them.

I said today I would love a pair of bright red Hunters but there is no way I can afford them.

All I want is a pair of wellies that will NOT split where the upper meets the sole and will last me years to come, that aren't men's and don't cost a fortune.

I have a 'thing' for red footwear, but if I have to have grungy green I suppose I'll have to.
Why do practical things always have to be such boring coloursSad

RogBrown
16 Jan 2008 - 12:43 AM

Quote: I would love a pair of bright red Hunters

Jeeeeeeez. I give up!! Smile

Fishnet
16 Jan 2008 - 12:50 AM

Lol, my theory is, if there are so many wonderful colours in the world, why do so many things have to be made in black,brown or khaki???

Fishnet
16 Jan 2008 - 12:51 AM

Just thought, the Crocs georgie wellies look quite good, but I wish they came up higher.

Serkta
Serkta  642 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Jan 2008 - 9:18 AM

Quote: Lol, my theory is, if there are so many wonderful colours in the world, why do so many things have to be made in black,brown or khaki???

Hi, I have just ordered some black Hunters (I didn't want green either!) from Uttings for 45 ish delivered which was about the cheapest I could find in black (there is cheaper on ebay etc but most are navy or green that I didn't want). They look good and long and should last for years although it will be interesting to see how they fare against the cheaper boots others have mentioned.

Have a look on their website as there is a wild and wonderful range that would meet anyones needs including croc style Hunters.

Cheers

KatieR
KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2008 - 9:25 AM

I borrowed a pair of Hunters and agree that they are very comfortable - quite unlike other wellies.

I fancy a pair of Muckboots - northernlight mentioned them - as they appear to be better insulated. They are available from equestrian outlets.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022913 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2008 - 9:28 AM

Hunters are great......until you start walking on rough stony ground with them and you'll feel every pebble

KatieR
KatieR  106197 forum posts6 Constructive Critique Points
16 Jan 2008 - 9:29 AM

Yes, I guess the soles are not the best in that respect. But the flexi ankle is brill.

aftertherain
16 Jan 2008 - 10:08 AM

Hunters are still in production although the factory shop has closed.

Hunter website

Factory is still producing an assortment of wellies and obviously as I stated in my other post they're introducing new lines for spring.

Keith's comment about feeling pebbles is true for some of the models but I use Sorbothane double strike insoles in mine and that cushions beautifully.

Last Modified By aftertherain at 16 Jan 2008 - 10:08 AM
aftertherain
16 Jan 2008 - 10:10 AM

Quote: why do so many things have to be made in black,brown or khaki???

Check out the Hunter link to the website above they come in a rainbow of colours, including red Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.