Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

West of Ireland Meet , 4-6 April, 2008

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Goggz
Goggz e2 Member 72301 forum postsGoggz vcard Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
1 Feb 2008 - 11:33 PM

Hi folks,

I'm gauging interest here as I feel the urge to go to western Ireland sometime this summer.

I've been looking at past threads and chatting with people and I'm dead keen to see The Burren and the coast thereabouts.

Anyone fancy a meet along the lines of the Doolin meet held early 2007?

Cheers, Goggz

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Feb 2008 - 11:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
2 Feb 2008 - 2:32 AM

Hi Goggz,

as the organiser of the small but perfectly fomed Wink west of Ireland meet last year,I 've beeen thinking about the repeat myself, especially since the success if the first Norn iron meet. Just need a kick up the a*** to repeat it this year, so we'll keep in touch... waytch your PM..
|Stephen

Goggz
Goggz e2 Member 72301 forum postsGoggz vcard Wales72 Constructive Critique Points
3 Feb 2008 - 7:55 PM

Cool, that's two of us then... anyone else??

Mari
Mari  101825 forum posts Wales
3 Feb 2008 - 8:11 PM

Yep, good idea Pete i've already told Stephen i'm up for the next West of Ireland meet. Any sort of idea when?

Tooth
3 Feb 2008 - 8:15 PM

I suggest April - time to organise, yet early enough at the year that we can get fed in the pub after the sunset, as last orders for food is usually at 9.30...would be great to have you over Mari (might kidnap you and bring you back up to donegal after it Wink )

Goggz
3 Feb 2008 - 8:52 PM

April? Is that in summer? Don't we get awful showers and crap weather in April? Besides, I get seasick on ferries...

Can we have one in the autumn too then?? Eh? Eh?

Quote: would be great to have you over Mari

not sure I follow this line of thinking... I don't mind being kidnapped though, as long as I get a comfy bed, good food & drink (regularly) and my folks aren't expected to pay a ransom...

Don't forget I need to charge me battery every 3 days Wink
April is OK, but a hell of a long way off Sad

Last Modified By Goggz at 3 Feb 2008 - 8:53 PM
Mari
3 Feb 2008 - 9:09 PM

That all sounds great to me .... including the kidnap, would it spoil it if I said i'd go to Donegal willingly Stephen, lol - its one of my fav places as you know Wink

Last Modified By Mari at 3 Feb 2008 - 9:12 PM
Tooth
3 Feb 2008 - 9:31 PM

As long as I can handcuff the sheep...

Mari
4 Feb 2008 - 5:05 PM

I thought they only did that in Wales Stephen lol, but yes of course you can Wink

Goggz
5 Feb 2008 - 10:33 PM

I'm getting worried now... sheep AND handcuffs. A bad sign.

Were you thinking of this April, Tooth? I'm not able to fit anything in except the weekend 19-20th.

Tooth
6 Feb 2008 - 1:56 AM

Open to suggestions, but the main thing I'd avoid is the summer months, because 1) sunset is very late in the evening and you'd have to get dinner then out togging rather than the other way round,

and 2) Doolin gets very busy in the summer, accommodation harder to get (not impossible, but would end up very scattered). In the close season the place is generally quieter...

Autumn would be another good time..

Anyone else any thoughts?. April 19/20 could be good..

BTW even if not a full meet I'm willing to scoot down to Doolin at any time to meet anyone heheading there - any excuse Smile ).

I'm going to try and get down just beforefocus for a scoot around re accomm. for this year.

Mari
6 Feb 2008 - 9:30 AM

I think April 19/20 is the date of the N Wales meet which I'm going to so that date would be out for me (and possibly you Pete??)

How about early May?? lol

Last Modified By Mari at 6 Feb 2008 - 9:30 AM
Goggz
9 Feb 2008 - 9:38 AM

Damn, I completely forgot about that weekend. Thanks Mari!

So April 19/20 is out for me...

I might be able to make the 12-13th instead but that's not definite yet.

Ridgeway
Ridgeway  7222 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Feb 2008 - 10:51 PM

Can I invite myself PLEeasssse,cant do the 12th13th,,better halfs Birthday,,Dont fancey giving divorce papers instead of a card,,,Lol,,

Tooth
11 Feb 2008 - 11:03 PM

So, early May? Or earlier in April. there's obviously not going to be a date that suits everyone anyway. I've Pm'd a few of the Irish contingent to see if they can get involved in the decision making..

BTW whatever about a proper meet, I'm willing for a mini-meet with anyone any weekend, my calendar permitting - never need much of an excuse to get down to Doolin Smile. I'll be down there next weekend (Immediately before Focus) so I can do another recce re accommodation etc for group bookings

BTW also, I never changed my Showcase page that i filled with pics of around |Doolin before the last meet, so anyone wonders what it's like.I'll leave it up a while longer..

Stephen

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.