Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Western Red's Removal from site

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: Being dealt with by site admin
    Irishkate
    Irishkate e2 Member 4Irishkate vcard United Kingdom73 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Apr 2014 - 2:46 PM

I don't know how to send a message to the Editor re Western Red's removal from the site.
    As I understand it, a member complained because he used Monet Paintings taken from an APP
    and uploaded the original and processed the painting in his own style. Is this a hideous crime?
    I don't know the rules of 'copyright 'in this regard but I know that many of us enjoyed seeing the Monet Paintings,
    some of which we knew, others new to us and therefore educational.
    In light of the complaint a Red Mark was put against his name in order to watch his uploads!
    When he disputed this he was told that if he didn't like it, his images could be removed and technically he can no longer upload any images.
    I met this elderly, harmless man in Australia - he is blind in one eye and enjoys processing images.
    So unless there is some heinous crime being committed that I do not know of, I submit that he be reinstated with an apology.
    I'd like the Editor to reply to this first before the site is bombarded with comments.
    Thank you.
    Kate

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Apr 2014 - 2:46 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72352 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    15 Apr 2014 - 3:21 PM

Hi Kate,

You should have a PM from me shortly as I was involved in WesternRed's removal.

Best Regards,
    David

• «
    • »

Attention!

This topic is locked.
    Reason: Being dealt with by site admin