Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What / where to shoot in Norfolk

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Hanners
    Hanners e2 Member 8875 forum postsHanners vcard Ireland10 Constructive Critique Points
    5 May 2010 - 9:08 PM

Hi guys, I've just booked a weeks holiday in North Norfolk, Trimingham to be exact in a few weeks and wondered if anybody knew of some good spots to photograph, I know Happisburgh is worth a look but that's all I know, be glad of your help, cheers Smile

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 May 2010 - 9:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

saxon_image
    5 May 2010 - 10:13 PM

Where to start? Felbrigg Hall, Blickling Hall, Cromer (pier and old town around the church), Sheringham, including the North Norfolk Railway and if you are going there then Holt is worth a visit. Cley and Blakeney further west. If you are going to Happisburgh (pronounced Haisbro) then try East Ruston Old Vicarage gardens. On the Broads How Hill, Horsey Mill, Thurne Mill etc. If the sun shines there are beach huts and groynes at Mundesley (next door to Trimingham) plus some old flint cottages. Churches are everywhere and rape fields and big skies . . . Good luck.

Paul

Hanners
    Hanners e2 Member 8875 forum postsHanners vcard Ireland10 Constructive Critique Points
    5 May 2010 - 10:20 PM

Cheers Paul, looks like I've lots to be getting on with, nice one Smile

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    6 May 2010 - 12:45 AM

If history is of interest " Walsingham " ( Abbey ) If you want something lighter " Wells-Next-The-Sea ".

Though in truth you could just start at Hunstanton, Then work your way down the coast line towards Suffolk, The coast road is quite a nice route.......Smile

User_Removed
    6 May 2010 - 5:44 AM

Quote:
    Though in truth you could just start at Hunstanton, Then work your way down the coast line towards Suffolk, The coast road is quite a nice route.......Smile

You took the words right from my fingertips! Just hop in the car and take a drive around, but dont spend all the time in the motor, there are some lovely places all over norfolk, the coastline being an obvious choice, but dont forget to visit mid norfolk, some really stunning places to discover, dont be afraid to go off the beaten track.

Hanners
    6 May 2010 - 8:50 AM

Cheers guys for your help, I'm starting to look forwars to it now... Smile

wrinkles
    wrinkles e2 Member 5349 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
    6 May 2010 - 11:34 AM

Keep your eyes peeled there are pictures everywhere in good old Norfolk.Grin

Chris_H
    Chris_H  101472 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    6 May 2010 - 11:48 AM

When is your trip?

I could recommend plenty of places but it all depends on what time of the year you are here. For instance How Hill is great for a sunset or sunrise but if you are going to be in the school holidays or the summer it's not worth bothering as you wont get a clear view as all the holiday boats moor up and block the view. This can be a problem with lots of the Broads at this time of the year so if you are going to be there in the summer I would recommend some Mills which are not on the river itself such as St Benet's , Herringlfeet In Suffolk Brograve & Horsey. Brograve & Horsey do have water nearby but Brograve is not on the main river so no boats head up that way and as Horsey is the wrong side of a low bridge it's only the smaller craft and the more picturesque sailing boats that can reach it.

If you are visiting in the summer Happisburgh Lighthouse is also worth a visit, its actually in the middle of a field so the summer crop helps add to the image.

The area of coast between Trimingham and overstrand could also be worth some photography, I have not really taken any images there myself but its a place I know well. As a child a lot of our family weekends were spent here, the coast would work well for photography and is quite similar to Happisburgh in parts although the cliffs are massive and will take a while to climb down and up which is probably why photographers don't bother with it so much. If you walk from the Trimingham side you can also park right on the beach although the best parts would probably be a thirty min or so walk from here.

In the months of June and most of July the Sun will actually set over the sea at Cromer Pier so this could be worth a visit.

If you are going to be there in the summer A lot of the North Norfolk Coast is also worth a visit for sunset. Places such as Blakeney, Weybourne, Morston, Burnham Overy Staithe, Brancaster Staithe, Thornham and Old Hunstanton could also be worth a visit.

Hope these help and all the best with your trip.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014786 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points

Turkeys?

get a lot of those in Norfork

KathyW
    KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points

I guess you have quite a list now, but as Wrinkles says, just about everywhere in Norfolk has potential - the sky's the limit Wink

Hanners
    6 May 2010 - 3:32 PM

Cheers guys & thanks Chris, I'm going in four weeks so plenty of suggestions from you to keep me busy... Wink

Quote: Turkeys?

There's always one Tongue

lawbert
    lawbert  71712 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    6 May 2010 - 3:53 PM

I would add that the broads and river systems are well worth a few hours scouting about...The River Ant is especially nice and tranquil.

jon gibbs
    jon gibbs  10147 forum posts2 Constructive Critique Points
    6 May 2010 - 5:55 PM

Hi Tony
    As Chris suggested, the coast at Trimingham and Overstrand is great, lovely cliffs, people tend to forget we have cliffs in Norfolk, Mundesley will be good in the morning too.
    Cromer seafront is lovely, great pier and the buildings around the pier area are very pleasing to the eye.
    Sheringham is a nice seaside village with unfortunately a very unsightly concrete sea defence wall but the cliffs to the west and especially beeston hill to the east give great views.You also have the North Norfolk Railway.
    Further to the west is Morston, great quay loads of boats, mud etc.
    Stiffkey is a lovely village with some lovely countryside and the biggest expanse of saltmarsh in the area, when the tide is out take the five bridges out into a bizarre landscape.
    Wells is very photogenic, beach huts, busy harbour and then there is the piece de resistance, Holkham Bay, usually up there amongst the top ten beaches in the uk.
    I can also recommend Brancaster Staithe, Cley Mill, Thornham and the distinctive red and white striped cliffs at Hunstanton.
    I'll shut up now, hope you have a good time.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Hanners
    6 May 2010 - 6:04 PM

wow cheers Jon Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.