Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

What are you listening to?

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
21 Feb 2013 11:29PM
Tonight started out all dubsteppy with Magnetic Man, but I'm now winding down with one of my favourite Electronic musicians Pete Namlook in collaboration with Tetsu Unoue

Warning if you think some music goes no where you won't like this. It's chill out space stuff at its best!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
22 Feb 2013 4:24AM
Van the Man-Still at the Top, 68 years of pure genius who never fails to put a smile on my face no matter how depressed or down I might be.
Meheecho e2
2 275 United Kingdom
25 Feb 2013 4:29PM
Beth Hart -- even better than Janis Joplin IMHO
Eviscera e2
8 1.1k 149 United Kingdom
26 Feb 2013 9:12PM
Geoffphoto e2
8 13.5k United Kingdom
27 Feb 2013 10:45AM
Just enjoying two masters at work this morning, Class !!

NaturesHaven e2
3 261 5 England
27 Feb 2013 10:51AM
The cat purring whilst sat at the keyboard with me...........we are both purring..............TongueTongueTongueTongue

He doesn't like my type of music..............he's more of a rocker than I...........GrinGrinGrin
Meheecho e2
2 275 United Kingdom
27 Feb 2013 12:51PM
Fleetwood Mac -- the early years with Peter Green-- blues at it's best
Meheecho e2
2 275 United Kingdom
27 Feb 2013 12:54PM

Quote:Tonight started out all dubsteppy with Magnetic Man, but I'm now winding down with one of my favourite Electronic musicians Pete Namlook in collaboration with Tetsu Unoue

Warning if you think some music goes no where you won't like this. It's chill out space stuff at its best!

Just checked out your vid and have googled some more--amazing sounds-- must have --another credit card bill in progress!!!!
Meheecho e2
2 275 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2013 3:57PM
This afternoon nostalgia again---Medicine Head " New Bottles, Old Medicine.
hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
28 Feb 2013 7:36PM
If you are of a certain vintage......or.....want educating into a completely different musical world, give the Internet Radio station.......RADIO DISMUKE .....a try.....it plays 1920s 1930s 1940s Jazz, Syncopated Rythm Dance Tunes and all kinds of quirky songs, all digitally remastered.....give it a go.....at first it will sound very strange, but if you are the least bit musical, it will grow on you.....the sheer ability of some of the instrumentalists with amaze you......what a pity they didn't have our recording and Playback equipment back then?.....

Listen for a whole.......absorb.....then....

tell me what you think.

Hobbo
Meheecho e2
2 275 United Kingdom
28 Feb 2013 10:37PM

Quote:If you are of a certain vintage......or.....want educating into a completely different musical world, give the Internet Radio station.......RADIO DISMUKE .....a try.....it plays 1920s 1930s 1940s Jazz, Syncopated Rythm Dance Tunes and all kinds of quirky songs, all digitally remastered.....give it a go.....at first it will sound very strange, but if you are the least bit musical, it will grow on you.....the sheer ability of some of the instrumentalists with amaze you......what a pity they didn't have our recording and Playback equipment back then?.....

Have tuned in to this and it's now on my bookmarks--- some seriously good jazz and swing here

Cephus e2
10 2.2k England
28 Feb 2013 10:41PM

Quote:If you are of a certain vintage......or.....want educating into a completely different musical world, give the Internet Radio station.......RADIO DISMUKE .....a try.....it plays 1920s 1930s 1940s Jazz, Syncopated Rythm Dance Tunes and all kinds of quirky songs, all digitally remastered.....give it a go.....at first it will sound very strange, but if you are the least bit musical, it will grow on you.....the sheer ability of some of the instrumentalists with amaze you......what a pity they didn't have our recording and Playback equipment back then?.....

tell me what you think.

Hobbo

Thanks for the info I will have a listen a bit later. There is a similar station on the internet called "Angel Radio"
It runs on a shoestring from Havant SE Hampshire. all done by amateur volunteers.
hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
1 Mar 2013 7:22AM
Thank you for the positive feedback folks.......Angel Radio is quirky but great listening, because they play stuff from the 50s and 60s too......I love the sometimes quirky presenters.

but for the serious Jazz/ Swing/ and Syncopated buffs you can't beat ...Radio Dismuke....once you get your ears adjusted to the playback it can be fantastic.....except perhaps for some of the songs and singers....but we still say that about current stuff.

Hobbo
Ian G W e2
11 396 3 England
1 Mar 2013 1:29PM
"The Vermillion Border", the new album by the former Slits guitarist, Viv Albertine, is worth a listen or two. Some well constructed songs, and different styles.
Meheecho e2
2 275 United Kingdom
1 Mar 2013 4:54PM
Jake Bugg - first album. Young , raw and very Dylanesque but not bad

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.