Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What are you listening to?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Canonshots
1 Mar 2013 - 5:13 PM

Around 1960 I was a great fan of two student bands, the Michael Garrick Quartet and James Kellas and the Sax Section. Garrick, of course, went on to become a big star, whereas Kellas had other fish to fry and never became a full-time musician.

The Album "Kronos" on the Hep label (also on Spotify) has both these bands and is well worth hearing. There is also a Gearbox album by the Garrick band called "Silhouette" which was recorded live in the music room of the University Of London Union in 1958. I was in the audience, would you believe. Their performance of Willow Weep For Me has stayed fresh in my mind for more than 50 years, and I don't mind admitting that hearing it again brought tears to my eyes.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Mar 2013 - 5:13 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

polis_928tadw59

I liked trad. jazz. Acker Bilk, OK, and for some reason, after all these years, Bob Wallis and his Storeyville Jazzmen have come to mind. Much better than GrinAcker. Saw them at a local working mens' club in the mid 1960s, and they were fabulous. Must have a look on ebay, etc., to try and find out more and get some records.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53997 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
1 Mar 2013 - 10:04 PM

Dusty on BBC4. Words not necessary. Blues Brothers eat your hearts out.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 1 Mar 2013 - 10:06 PM
brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109966 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
2 Mar 2013 - 12:32 AM

Brilliant wasn't it

Eviscera
Eviscera  71093 forum posts United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 6:10 PM

Times move on Chris Wink

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 53997 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 6:19 PM

Agree Dave. She's brilliant. There are some crackin' female singers about but can't forget me old faves. Smile
Thanks for the link, I forgot to check this out. And totally suited the film too.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214393 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 6:25 PM

Quote: Dusty on BBC4

As in Dusty Springfield, I get reminded of her every day cutting through the grave yard.

Eviscera
3 Mar 2013 - 6:50 PM

Well,

Nothing wrong with the classics Chris , should post a few more we never heard of !

Bloody Angel radio and all that vinyl scratchykak.
x

Well ,

Thats stereotypically uplifting Paul !

What you listening to then ?

SlowSong
3 Mar 2013 - 7:00 PM

Quote: Thats stereotypically uplifting Paul !

Grin That's Paul for you. He's probably listening to Bring Me Sunshine by M&W. Smile

Eviscera
3 Mar 2013 - 7:02 PM

pmsl , probably !

he be back with something he just put on Smile

polis_928tadw59

The bloody beatles. They are playing one of their screeching, repeat the words ad infinitum songs. (On the local radio station.)

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85744 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 7:32 PM

The Cranberries

Picked up a 20 track CD this morning from TescosWink

polis_928tadw59

What have I JUST listened to, whilst passing through the sitting room," Family Fortunes." One of the wife's favourite quiz programmes, lord help us. The question was " What bird has long legs ? " They were flummoxed on TV, so I interjected, " A bloody kiwi." Reply from my beloved, " It hasn't. It has a long beak." I give up at my attempts at humour, and wondering what has happened to this world.TongueWinkGrin

RogBrown
RogBrown e2 Member 72987 forum postsRogBrown vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2013 - 9:55 PM

Quote: The question was " What bird has long legs ? "

The obvious answer is Naomi Campbell. Smile

SlowSong
8 Mar 2013 - 10:34 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.