Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What are you listening to?

Canonshots 4 106 13 United Kingdom
1 Mar 2013 5:13PM
Around 1960 I was a great fan of two student bands, the Michael Garrick Quartet and James Kellas and the Sax Section. Garrick, of course, went on to become a big star, whereas Kellas had other fish to fry and never became a full-time musician.

The Album "Kronos" on the Hep label (also on Spotify) has both these bands and is well worth hearing. There is also a Gearbox album by the Garrick band called "Silhouette" which was recorded live in the music room of the University Of London Union in 1958. I was in the audience, would you believe. Their performance of Willow Weep For Me has stayed fresh in my mind for more than 50 years, and I don't mind admitting that hearing it again brought tears to my eyes.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

1 Mar 2013 7:36PM
I liked trad. jazz. Acker Bilk, OK, and for some reason, after all these years, Bob Wallis and his Storeyville Jazzmen have come to mind. Much better than GrinAcker. Saw them at a local working mens' club in the mid 1960s, and they were fabulous. Must have a look on ebay, etc., to try and find out more and get some records.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
1 Mar 2013 10:04PM
Dusty on BBC4. Words not necessary. Blues Brothers eat your hearts out.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
2 Mar 2013 12:32AM
Brilliant wasn't it
Eviscera e2
8 1.1k 149 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2013 6:10PM
Times move on Chris Wink

SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
3 Mar 2013 6:19PM
Agree Dave. She's brilliant. There are some crackin' female singers about but can't forget me old faves. Smile
Thanks for the link, I forgot to check this out. And totally suited the film too.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
3 Mar 2013 6:25PM

Quote:Dusty on BBC4

As in Dusty Springfield, I get reminded of her every day cutting through the grave yard.
Eviscera e2
3 Mar 2013 6:50PM
Well,

Nothing wrong with the classics Chris , should post a few more we never heard of !

Bloody Angel radio and all that vinyl scratchykak.
x

Well ,

Thats stereotypically uplifting Paul !

What you listening to then ?
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
3 Mar 2013 7:00PM

Quote:Thats stereotypically uplifting Paul !
Grin That's Paul for you. He's probably listening to Bring Me Sunshine by M&W. Smile
Eviscera e2
3 Mar 2013 7:02PM
pmsl , probably !

he be back with something he just put on Smile
3 Mar 2013 7:19PM
The bloody beatles. They are playing one of their screeching, repeat the words ad infinitum songs. (On the local radio station.)
tomcat e2
9 6.2k 15 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2013 7:32PM
The Cranberries

Picked up a 20 track CD this morning from TescosWink
3 Mar 2013 8:09PM
What have I JUST listened to, whilst passing through the sitting room," Family Fortunes." One of the wife's favourite quiz programmes, lord help us. The question was " What bird has long legs ? " They were flummoxed on TV, so I interjected, " A bloody kiwi." Reply from my beloved, " It hasn't. It has a long beak." I give up at my attempts at humour, and wondering what has happened to this world.TongueWinkGrin
RogBrown 7 3.0k 10 England
3 Mar 2013 9:55PM

Quote: The question was " What bird has long legs ? "

The obvious answer is Naomi Campbell. Smile
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
8 Mar 2013 10:34PM

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.