Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What back up body?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    losbarbados
    30 Nov 2012 - 2:18 PM

I've been toying with the idea of picking up a back up for my 7D, and with money being a little tight (isn't that the case for everyone?)
    I've seen a second hand 1d Mk2 that is in my budget.
    What does everyone reckon to the idea, or should I hold off and save a bit more to get a 60D?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Nov 2012 - 2:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

steve486
    steve486  4126 forum posts United Kingdom
    30 Nov 2012 - 3:22 PM

just bought a second hand 1ds2,fab camera!

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 9509 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    30 Nov 2012 - 3:24 PM

I would be tempted to save for the 60D.......the 1D is ok, but you've got the hassle of the extra weight, and different batteries and chargers cluttering up the place...also, if you have any EF-S lenses you can't use them on the 1D. Another disadvantage is that any long lenses you have become 'shorter'..crop factor of the 1D is 1.3 against 1.6 for the 7D.

mikehit
    mikehit  56681 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 6:13 PM

I agree - if you are gong to carry your 'back-up' camera in case you need it (the 7D dries up or whatever) it is one heck of weight to carry with you.

colin beeley
    colin beeley e2 Member 111072 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Nov 2012 - 7:16 PM

i was in the same position not long ago i have a 1d mk III ,i had my old 1d mk II n as my back up camera but i wanted another camera as my backup so i thought about the 5d mk III then i thought know that sounds better the new 6d . but in the end i bought another 1d mk III , they are set up the same so know mucking about when you change cameras i know where everything is , so get another 7d !!!

robthecamman
    30 Nov 2012 - 7:20 PM

i took my 7d leaving my 450d at home today. then when out spotted two small eared owls.after taking a few pics from the road decided to get closer.when my 7d seemed to go dead on me as one of the owls hovered above me blast.on walking back to my car then realised the battery holder had come slightly lose.if id taken 450d i at least could have changed lenses.never mind back tomorrow hope they turn up again

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.