Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What cameras do professional photographers use?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

lshen
lshen  1
14 Nov 2012 - 2:05 PM

Hello, are there any professional photographers here?
Could you please let me know which camera model(s) you are using?
This is just a survey for an essay Iím currently writing. Thank you all in advance!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Nov 2012 - 2:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
14 Nov 2012 - 2:21 PM

I mainly shoot weddings and use a 5D2 with a 7D as a backup and only use L series glass for the best IQ - I do have an EF-S 10-22 for the occasional wide shot on my 7D - it's like using a 16-35 on full frame. Good luck with the essay and if I can help further, send me a PM

adamduckworth
14 Nov 2012 - 2:42 PM

I use two Nikon D4s, a Nikon D800 and a D800E as main cameras.

Plus a Phase One 645DF with Phase One P40+ back, and a Leica M9.

Also have a Canon 5D Mark II and 7D which I bought to shot video before the Nikons were any good at it.

Paul_Anthony
14 Nov 2012 - 2:52 PM

Couple of Nikon D600's for my Studio / Wedding work. Not too big, great handling, great High ISO performance.

Paul

Techno
Techno  61009 forum posts England8 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2012 - 3:26 PM

Quote: I use two Nikon D4s, a Nikon D800 and a D800E as main cameras.

Plus a Phase One 645DF with Phase One P40+ back, and a Leica M9.

Also have a Canon 5D Mark II and 7D which I bought to shot video before the Nikons were any good at it.

Phew! That some asenal you got there my man.Wink

paulcookphotography

Nikon D3, D700, D300 and D200, and a Mamiya 645 for occasional use

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2012 - 3:52 PM

I use

A Kodak Crestas tied together with string, a canonet 28 with external flashgun , a Coronet Rapide , an Ilford Sportsman , an Olympus trip , a canon a2200 , a fuji f20 , a zenit-e , a fed 3 rangefinder , A Leica Dlux5 , and two Canon 5Dmk2's , we are professional photographers , and we like to mess up surveys Wink

RJM
RJM  1 Wales
14 Nov 2012 - 4:47 PM

My friend who is a professional has just got the Nikon 800.

I asked him what the difference was between the 800 and 800e and he didn't know.

What is it?

mikehit
mikehit  56689 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2012 - 5:01 PM

The D800e has no anti-aliasing filter.
This is used to reduce moire patterns ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moir%C3%A9_pattern ) but the downside is that it blurs image slightly. Some people say that moire is not a significant real-world problem and they would happily go for more detail and risk it.

MacroMeister
14 Nov 2012 - 5:47 PM

You might also want to ask (but you will end up with a very long and confusing thread) what a 'professional' is.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2012 - 5:54 PM

Quote: You might also want to ask (but you will end up with a very long and confusing thread) what a 'professional' is.

Rather than go off topic and, as you say, confuse the thread, you could continue that debate here Pro or Semi Pro?

MacroMeister
14 Nov 2012 - 5:59 PM

Quote: You might also want to ask (but you will end up with a very long and confusing thread) what a 'professional' is.

Rather than go off topic and, as you say, confuse the thread, you could continue that debate here Pro or Semi Pro?

Sorry, I didn't think it was off topic. If it is uncertain what a professional is then how do we know to whom the questioner refers? I do not do photography for a living, but have earned about £3k this year from it. Does that make me a professional? I use a 5DM2.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
14 Nov 2012 - 6:14 PM

Yes it is really...the question is:

Quote: Could you please let me know which camera model(s) you are using?

If you're not sure whether you are a professional you can go to the linked thread and debate and work it out there Smile

RJM
RJM  1 Wales
14 Nov 2012 - 6:29 PM

Thanks for the answer to the difference between the 800 and 800E.

Wow!! I love this bitching............it sure makes visits to the site interesting! Grin

Going on from there, what separates a Professional photographer from a top professional photographer? Maybe not so off top as you might think, as I'd class Damian McGillicuddy as a top professional and I note that he mostly uses an Olympus OM-D E-M5.

I have two friends that are 'professsional'. The one swear by Nikon. The other did use Nikon but after having customer service problems on a new camera he switched to Canon.

Maybe a smarter question is what makes a pro or semi pro chose the make or model they do?

Graysta
Graysta  91135 forum posts England
14 Nov 2012 - 7:05 PM

Answer

D3, D3s and D800

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.