Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What cameras do professional photographers use?

mattw 11 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
20 Dec 2012 9:19AM
Nice one Mike

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul_Anthony 2 386 4 Wales
20 Dec 2012 9:53AM
One my favorite quotes is by Aaron Siskind.

"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What is captured is captured forever, it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten every detail."

I have had it stenciled above my reception desk in the studio, it brings a smile to the face of every customer that takes the time to read it.

Paul
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
20 Dec 2012 2:45PM
All sorts, this one looks like fun Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt-NraquF5E
theorderingone 10 2.4k United Kingdom
21 Dec 2012 12:42PM

Quote:If you work for someone like AP or AFP, covering everything from wars to politician shaking hands, you are looking for reliability and good handling primarily. An ultra-sharp lens is not the first priority by any means. The question is, will desert sand jam it up? Water get in?

The guys I know who work for AP and AFP don't own any of their own equipment (unless they're a freelancer). The agency buy a pool of equipment and the photographer takes what they think will be appropriate for the job. I believe AFP use Nikon at the moment.

I don't tend to buy new equipment unless either the stuff I have is on its last legs, or there's a noticeable difference in quality due to the equipment (not user error) between myself and my peers. Which reminds me, would anyone like to buy a well used Nikon D700? Only one, not so careful owner.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.