Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What cameras do professional photographers use?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
20 Dec 2012 - 9:19 AM

Nice one Mike

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Dec 2012 - 9:19 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul_Anthony
20 Dec 2012 - 9:53 AM

One my favorite quotes is by Aaron Siskind.

"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What is captured is captured forever, it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten every detail."

I have had it stenciled above my reception desk in the studio, it brings a smile to the face of every customer that takes the time to read it.

Paul

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315691 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
20 Dec 2012 - 2:45 PM

All sorts, this one looks like fun Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt-NraquF5E

theorderingone
21 Dec 2012 - 12:42 PM

Quote: If you work for someone like AP or AFP, covering everything from wars to politician shaking hands, you are looking for reliability and good handling primarily. An ultra-sharp lens is not the first priority by any means. The question is, will desert sand jam it up? Water get in?

The guys I know who work for AP and AFP don't own any of their own equipment (unless they're a freelancer). The agency buy a pool of equipment and the photographer takes what they think will be appropriate for the job. I believe AFP use Nikon at the moment.

I don't tend to buy new equipment unless either the stuff I have is on its last legs, or there's a noticeable difference in quality due to the equipment (not user error) between myself and my peers. Which reminds me, would anyone like to buy a well used Nikon D700? Only one, not so careful owner.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.