Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What can be Done to Stop this

collywobles 10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2012 9:47PM

Quote:there are very few murders in Israel in spite of the almost universal posession of firearms.

What! You must be jokin, what about all the Palestinians they have murdered over the years, and then there's that ship they raided on the way to Gaza killing more. few murders my arseČ

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
19 Dec 2012 11:01PM
you know what he meant.... [raise eyebrows emoticon]
19 Dec 2012 11:30PM

Quote:One solution - given by a Texan - was to, and I jest ye not, arm school teachers.....

And that proviso could just possibly, have prevented this latest massacre . . .
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
19 Dec 2012 11:35PM

Quote:One solution - given by a Texan - was to, and I jest ye not, arm school teachers.....

And created a few more massacres - as teachers reach their wits end with Class 4C and go loco !!
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
20 Dec 2012 1:06AM
The mentality makes one wonder; these guys have loads of guns also. The head of one of the large national gun groups said last night, the government is the enemy. You can see the way some of these twisted minds work. Some of them back in the hills think the Civil War is still on, I believe. Government is up against it in this case, for certain.
thewilliam 6 4.8k
20 Dec 2012 10:14AM

Quote:there are very few murders in Israel in spite of the almost universal posession of firearms.

What! You must be jokin, what about all the Palestinians they have murdered over the years, and then there's that ship they raided on the way to Gaza killing more. few murders my arseČ

The Israeli vs Palestinian situation is very much a matter of which team you support. I was talking of civilian murders.

Israeli gun control is very strict in that people who don't actually need firearms have to jump through a lot of hoops to get one. Very sensibly, the mental health of applicants is closely checked and training is compulsory before a person is let loose with a firearm. The licence has to be renewed every 3 years so metal health and competence are checked again.

In the badlands, where the settlers do have a definite need, firearms are more readily approved.
thewilliam 6 4.8k
20 Dec 2012 10:20AM
I was very interested in guns of all sorts as a teenager, using pistols and rifles at our local gun club.

There were many macho types who delighted in their high power weapons and this was long before the Clint Eastwood films were released. Should such people have been let loose with such weapons?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.