Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What do you shoot in the rain?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    featuredteacher
    26 Jun 2010 - 12:38 PM

It's wet season here, which means it rains. A lot. Sometimes it's a drizzle, other times its a downpour. It's summer in Britain too, which probably means its raining there quite a lot too!

But - I haven't been on a shoot for ages. And I have two days free this week - for which I predict it will rain solidly. I don't want to sit in my house with a lightbox again, either, I just kinda wanna get out and shoot on the streets.

Does anyone actually enjoy taking photo's in the rain? Anyone had any great shots from a rainy day that they'd like to share for inspiration? Or any great tips/techniques for shooting in the rain?

When its raining - what do you look for? What kind of rainy day things make great shots? What can make my planned rainy day shoot a success?

Last Modified By featuredteacher at 26 Jun 2010 - 12:39 PM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    26 Jun 2010 - 12:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KarenFB
    KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84255 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jun 2010 - 12:56 PM

Quote: It's summer in Britain too, which probably means its raining there quite a lot too!

Actually we've had unbroken sunshine for weeks now!! North East UK is already talking about having hosepipe bans!! Grin

Quote: Does anyone actually enjoy taking photo's in the rain?

No!! I detest getting wet in the rain!

But I have seen some wonderful images of folk that don't mind. One in particular is an image which was taken of people hurrying home in the rain, the umbrellas and reflections were wonderful (the photographer had used black and white).

Here are 10 ideas for rainy days

Last Modified By KarenFB at 26 Jun 2010 - 12:59 PM
    JamesGarfield
    26 Jun 2010 - 1:20 PM

My friend Stuart does some good night work in the rain around town using the relections to there best, check out some of his work on here Here.

There's other things like macro shots of droplets on plants/flowers, lightening (if there is some) or capturing the droplets falling into puddles? You don't have to buy expensive rain covers, a plastic bag will do the trick.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014730 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jun 2010 - 2:22 PM

city scenes at night are good - wet pavements reflect lights in shop windows

davey_griffo
    26 Jun 2010 - 3:32 PM

My mate Barry's had some success with this subject too. Try this and this.

Or you could stay indoors in the dry & do some still life, or something. Smile

featuredteacher

I work indoors all the time. My apartment is pretty much a prison too me right now. Plus still life isn't really my kind of photography - one of the main reasons I like photography is it gets me out and about and forces me to explore news places.

Plus - the only life of any kind beside me in my 20 square foot, two roomed apartment is the cockroaches. And I'm just too damn scared of the things to photo them (honestly, I'm almost sick when I look at them!). If I'm lucky I could find a gecko - but really I think I'd rather just get wet!

funkeldink
    funkeldink  101592 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jun 2010 - 3:54 PM

img-5110.jpg

featuredteacher

wow - brilliant image! (as were quite a few of the others linked to so far).

Thanks guys - actually feeling positive about a day (and now night) in the rain!

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314948 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Jun 2010 - 6:23 PM

Quote: Does anyone actually enjoy taking photo's in the rain? Anyone had any great shots from a rainy day that they'd like to share for inspiration? Or any great tips/techniques for shooting in the rain?

I can`t get enough of it love it, my favourite weather for pictures, the harsher the better Smile

me.jpg

1-lrg-599-1263330771.jpg

1-lrg-599-1264719792.jpg

1-lrg-599-1265223415.jpg

1-lrg-599-1265564320.jpg

wrinkles
    wrinkles e2 Member 5346 forum postswrinkles vcard United Kingdom
    26 Jun 2010 - 9:45 PM

hanging-on-.jpg

This was taken at a cricket match.Sad

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.