Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What do you think of my website?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

WstepheN
WstepheN  1 United Kingdom
17 Oct 2012 - 7:11 PM

I would be interested to know what others think of my website, having spent some time on adding images and other information I realised that I have no idea how viewers react to it? there are also some pages relating to vintage photography. I know there are a lot of different opinions about what a website should look like, and I didn't want mine to look like many of the others that I see especially the flash type that take so long to load.

Stephen.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Oct 2012 - 7:11 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
17 Oct 2012 - 7:17 PM

Stephen you've misspelt the photographer part of your website address and the link doesn't work.

Here's a working link in the meantime.

I think it's a good fuss free enthusiast's website that's easy to navigate and fast to load.

petebfrance
17 Oct 2012 - 7:44 PM

I like it very much.
For me some more info on the cameras would be nice and, of course, some more photos. You have the Anglican Cathedral in Liverpool but not the 'modern' RC one - perhaps some photos of that would make an interesting contrast?

Pete

WstepheN
17 Oct 2012 - 7:55 PM

Quote: Stephen you've misspelt the photographer part of your website address and the link doesn't work.

Here's a working link in the meantime.

I think it's a good fuss free enthusiast's website that's easy to navigate and fast to load.

Sorry about that, I notice that it is not possible to edit and correct either.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014812 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2012 - 8:07 PM

it works fine

looks like the type of website you'd get in 1995 - hand crafted in HTML

not a bad thing in itself - really depends on your intention for the site.

studioline
17 Oct 2012 - 10:21 PM

Not my cup of tea. I think it doesn't compete well with the slick photographer websites we have come to expect. I think this would have been great 10 years ago. Please do not take this as an offensive post, just my honest opinion.

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81104 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
17 Oct 2012 - 10:45 PM

All the images are brown .

bigalguitarpicker
18 Oct 2012 - 12:23 AM

Looks like a website belonging to a photographer with a genuine love for his photography, with some beautiful images on show. I'm afraid though, it does seem like a site from the early days of the internet, and could benefit from the introduction of variation in tonality. As Eviscera bluntly states "All the images are brown." There's a website facility connected to this forum. I can't remember it's name though I'm sure someone else will! I have a site with Clikpic and there are other template based websites which may be better for you to showcase your photography. Hope this Helps,
Alex.

User_Removed
18 Oct 2012 - 7:28 AM

Stephen. Get yourself onto Photium.
Great sites, great choice of pages, easy peasy to use, design it yourself, first class back up, very inexpensive. Costs me next to nothing to run.
Have a look at mine as a 'For instance'. Does me for what I need.
(If I knew how to do a linky thing, I would. )

Good luck.

Steinbeck.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 18 Oct 2012 - 7:32 AM
WstepheN
19 Oct 2012 - 11:28 AM

Quote: Not my cup of tea. I think it doesn't compete well with the slick photographer websites we have come to expect. I think this would have been great 10 years ago. Please do not take this as an offensive post, just my honest opinion.

The slick photographer websites are all very well but they take ages to load and these flash sites are useless from the SOE point of view as nothing is searchable by search engines.

WstepheN
19 Oct 2012 - 11:38 AM

Thank you for all of the comments made here, I appreciate the candid response, when I started on the internet I had absolutely no idea where and how to start, not being of the computer generation don't help, it has been quite a learning experience rather like teaching on old dog new tricks, However this website has not got me anywhere so any newer style website is not likely to make much difference either. since the original intention has failed I am only doing it for my amusement and entertainment. being retired and not in a position to do anything else, for the moment at least.

Stephen.

WstepheN
19 Oct 2012 - 12:04 PM

Quote: All the images are brown .

Yes this is so but then in the early days of photography most images were toned brown, the various methods of toning be it sepia or most other types of toning preserved the silver image from deterioration by changing the silver into something much more stable and less affected by the environment.

Personally I like this effect which is similar to lith printing and then selenium toning. If I could afford a digital camera I would do colour to some extent as it is something I have never done.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023035 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
19 Oct 2012 - 12:27 PM

I wouldn't have taken the statment quite so seriously, Stephen.

Keep doing what you're doing.
Wink

User_Removed
19 Oct 2012 - 1:03 PM

Agreed.

Canonshots
19 Oct 2012 - 10:05 PM

I enjoyed this site very much. I know this next bit sounds a bit crazy but the site has a nice retro look and feel. If we had had the Web in the 1960s this is how the sites would have looked. I don't mean that in a disparaging way, quite the opposite. After all, I fly (and photograph) vintage model planes, so I can understand and respect an interest in vintage photography.

While I personally moved on from this style of photography a while ago, it is good to be reminded of the pleasure it gave me in past years.

Keep up the good work.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.