Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What event would you go to?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    snapbandit
    snapbandit  102205 forum posts Northern Ireland3 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2011 - 8:17 AM

As a follow on from the 200 thread, what event or place would you want to go to (UK & Ireland or abroad, but outside of your 'normal' local events/places) with the main intention of getting photographs?

Might be a source of Ideas for anyone wanting to have a short photo trip.

Joe B

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Feb 2011 - 8:17 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DuncanDisorderly

Last Summer I was taken to the Great Dorset Steam Fair.
    Blimmin heck - what a superb photographic opportunity!
    We went on a day that started wet - which was great! Steam hangs in the air giving atmospheric shots. If you get there early then you can catch breakfast being cooked on shovels in the fireboxes. I got some shots I'm really pleased with!
    Highly recommended day out.

NEWMANP
    NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2011 - 10:22 AM

it would be damn tight on 200 but the carnival in Venice is one of the most exciting events i have been too. this years event is any time right now i think .

well within budget at home. there is the Appleby Gypsy and travellers horse fair. usually first week in June, now thats a real exciting days outing.

and there is the Bristol hot air baloon festival.

our yearly favourite is Farne Island mid June to see the Puffins bringing in the sand eels

Phil

Last Modified By NEWMANP at 14 Feb 2011 - 10:23 AM
    DOGSBODY
    DOGSBODY  51432 forum posts England30 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2011 - 1:30 PM

I rather fancy one of those battle re-enactments where there is plenty of smoke, atmosphere and action and the people are all in costume. There should be some great photo opportunities.

KevSB
    KevSB  101405 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2011 - 1:38 PM

Waterloo or Gettysburg are the two re-inactments thats are the cream, 10 thousand turn up for waterloo and Gettysburg will have over 60k percipients next year it is estimated.

I would like to do both, very hard to choose which tbh, for those who don't want to travel Both the Napoleonic association and the American Civil War Society run events across the country and some are great photographic opportunity's.

I could arrange somE great opportunitys with ACWS for some exclusive photo opps if anyone is intrested

Last Modified By KevSB at 14 Feb 2011 - 1:43 PM
    keithh
    keithh  1022818 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Feb 2011 - 2:14 PM

An Access All Areas Pass for the 2012 Olympic Games.

DuncanDisorderly

Go on a Dawn Raid !!!!
    Spending a few hours watching the sun rise is deeply life affirming; and you get some nice photos.

The key is planning.
    Download and install 'The Photographers Ephemeris' - that shows what angle the sun comes up and will give you a very good idea on how the shot will shape up.
    Best colours happen about an hour before dawn; don't just get there for when the sun comes over the horizon.
    On the evening before, check the weather to see if there is a chance of a dramatic sky; if it looks good then go for it!
    After that it's pure luck whether something amazing happens or the skies stay grey.

I did a few dawn raids last year; my favourite was watching the sun rise through the Somerset mists and shine through the doorway in the tower on top of Glastonbury Tor. TPE told me what time it would happen and where to stand - and it was 100% accurate!
    A good example of taking a chance and there being no sunrise was this trip to the Black Mountains - there was a hint of pink in the clouds just as the drizzle started; didn't matter as the photos were great and we'd had a full days photography before everyone else was up!
    My most extreme was 18 months ago, sunrise from the top of Pen-y-Fan - that's three hours driving plus the walk to the top; cracking piccies though!

Last Modified By DuncanDisorderly at 14 Feb 2011 - 2:25 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.