Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What have you gained from this site?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

janehewitt
janehewitt  11215 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2004 - 3:55 PM

I'd like to use the forum to say thank you to the members of this site! I've been a member for almost a year now and I think my photography has improved (well its all subjective!) but its mainly due to the encouragement and supportive comments from many people here. Criticism is constructive and it never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to share and help. I've grown in confidence and have even recently added constructive comments of my own ( I have been amazed when people have acted upon my suggestions)which i didn't have the confidence to do 12 months ago. You welcome new members and I don't think its at all clique as has been suggested in other threads. I'd like to say a special thanks to Nigel (Sharman) for letting me use one of his wonderful photos in school. I'll stop wittering now, I just wanted to say thanks everyone! Jane

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
28 Jul 2004 - 3:55 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318459 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2004 - 4:29 PM

Thanks Jane, kind words indeedSmile

UserRemoved
28 Jul 2004 - 4:43 PM

Well said, Jane - contrast was good, nice composition - gets my click!

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
28 Jul 2004 - 5:08 PM

nice crop, like it, the tone is also very good. click.

UserHasLeft
28 Jul 2004 - 6:47 PM

One of the things I've decided about this site is the realisation that it surely must rate as one of the very best on the internet.

We see so many professional pictures in print and I have to say that I find myself constantly castigating the photographer for this or that or whatever. It's been said many times but always worth reiterating that the quality of the shots uploaded here is exceptional. It makes every contributor strive to do better and for that I will be ever grateful.

That of course is in addition to the ever-present fun, camaraderie and advice dished out every day.

Cliques? Begone whiners! Decide what you need and chances are that with the right approach you will find it here. I'll echo your thanks to everyone Jane, if you don't mind, and you can count yourself as one of the multitude who make it a pleasure to visit every day Smile

Denise
Denise  13279 forum posts
28 Jul 2004 - 7:31 PM

This is the only photographic site that I visit now and I feel that over time, I have come to know some of the people here almost personally. The lovely comments made by other forum members mean so much to me. I feel a sense of belonging and long may it continue. Many thanks to all who make it possible.

janieb
janieb  10166 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Jul 2004 - 7:53 PM

invaluble information, it's theee best site on the net for photography without a doubt I must admit to being a ephotozine addict Smile even though I am not a professional I feel like a true photographer here.

creative_sara
28 Jul 2004 - 7:54 PM

Jane have looked at your profile,

You have some amazing shots, I'd be proud to take half as good as you.

Sara

rhion
rhion  1135 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Jul 2004 - 7:59 PM

I think it can't help but aid us all in improving our pictures: how can exposure (pardon the pun!) to so many superb photographs fail to give us more ideas and help us see things in different ways?
Everyone (so far!) is so friendly - long may it continue!

janehewitt
janehewitt  11215 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
28 Jul 2004 - 8:02 PM

I echo many of the sentiments above and agree that the fun and cameraderie as well as learning is turning us all into addicts, what will I do for the next 3 weeks when I'm on holiday???? Jane

gibbsy
gibbsy  10403 forum posts Wales
28 Jul 2004 - 10:23 PM

The one thing I've noticed more than anything on this site is peoples' willingness to comment on your shots. Criticism, to be honest could be a bit harder (try looking at other sites, especially from the US for harsh criticism). I don't think that would hurt, providing it was firm but fair. It's the sometimes the best way to learn.
I'm always happy to give help, either on the forum or via e-mail, as I myself have been helped on many occassions.
Last, there are some seriously good photographers on this site. One's we should all look at for inspiration.

lordposh
lordposh  1045 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Jul 2004 - 11:48 PM

OK I have now sussed it, Just how much has Pistol Pete paid you and Mike to start this forum...!!!

On a serious note I register for this site in Jan but did not start using it till late April, since then I have gain so much from the comments and suggestion left by other photographers, which to me has been invaluable as I find I can learn more from here than most books I read. I have made lots of new friends along the way and hope no enemies.
So what have I gained not much.....LOL

Roger

ali graham
ali graham  11102 forum posts Scotland
28 Jul 2004 - 11:58 PM

I've been a member since last Oct, petered out a bit, but then got back into it. Read on a thread 'You get out of the site, what you put in.' How very true this is.
Started to make more of an effort. Now i'm hooked, my wife still wonders how i can spend 'all that time on the net'...... haven't let her into this secret yet! LOL
ali

Snapper_T
Snapper_T  10848 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Jul 2004 - 1:14 AM

Before I registered I'd viewed this site for the technical know how as I had just bought my first SLR (sound like something Toys 'R' Us sell). Anyway after doing more and more photography and then getting a scanner I decided to sign up, mainly to share my pics and get comments on my work.

Now, you can't get me off of the site, at home and at work. As I've looked at other pics and learned more I can offer some hopefully constructive comments and be more critical of my own work. Not met any of you yet, but hopefully will do at a meet soon.
Trev

sabretalon
sabretalon  101918 forum posts United Kingdom
29 Jul 2004 - 8:17 AM

What have I gained from this site?

A very large phone bill for one, respect for fellow photographers, somewhere to bounce my ideas around, somewhere to have a good old rant and somewhere to get inspiration and meet like minded people.

What have I lost from this site?

Sleep, time, life, the will to work, the ability to hold a conversation as I am busy reading responses.

Switching back to broadband at home since they have now made it available in the village (how I have missed broadband) so I guess the site will be permanantly open!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.