Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What head for my mono pod.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • 1
    • »

    Hello all...

    I've just purchased a new Manfrotto 680b monopod. The monopod its self is great, however I'm wanting a head for it that can turn to various angles, i.e. back and forth and side to side.
    Is there any pod heads out there for this, if so what recommendation do you have..

    Thanks in advance for any help..


    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Jul 2007 - 7:26 PM

    Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

    11 Jul 2007 - 7:36 PM

    I use a Manfrotto 486RC2 head, works great for me.


    geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
    11 Jul 2007 - 8:34 PM

    234RC for small to medium size lenses 393 for long lenses


    geoffash, thanks for your help, I'll look at these and check for best prices.

    Thanks Stephen

    Last Modified By Richardtyrrelllandscapes at 12 Jul 2007 - 12:43 AM
    Chrism8  7745 forum posts England14 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jul 2007 - 7:18 AM

    234RC for me as well, believe their around 22


    12 Jul 2007 - 7:47 AM

    both my mono pods have the 234RC head, works fine.

    john64 e2 Member 10824 forum postsjohn64 vcard England
    12 Jul 2007 - 7:51 AM

    A 486RC2 for me too. No problems so far.

    12 Jul 2007 - 10:31 AM

    Be aware that the 234 isn't like a normal head.

    It only operates in one plane not 2 planes like a normal ball or geared head.

    I use it side to side so that the camera can be rotated down and sideways to the portrait orientation [unless it is attached to a lens collar mount when I position it to get both planes]

    Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    12 Jul 2007 - 11:37 AM

    I use my the 322RC on mine and that's with a Sigma Bigma, no problem!


    Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 12 Jul 2007 - 11:37 AM

    The biggest lens going on it is the my 70x300mm vr nikon telephoto.
    I realy want to be able to get various angles on the camera rather than just landscape.. So I think a ball head is the one I'm after.

    Thanks for the feedback and help..


    • «
    • 1
    • »

    Add a Comment

    You must be a member to leave a comment

    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.