Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What if.

How is this as a concept.?
We choose to be part of a group,,click call it what you will.
That has to shoot from the hip on any image posted.Find one defining comment in respect of any image posted...and get to argue the merits of that image with its detractors or is devotees....a free for all if you want.Open up the forum...not going to be a tea party.....but there might be some value for togs that want to grow.????
Simple concept.......................i like it
I hate it.
Reason being?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2013 8:19AM
It's a decent idea Frank and there is (or at least was) something like it already on here. There used to be a 'Critique Group', who posted images for other members of the group to critique.

Ian
blastedkane 9 66 2
12 Feb 2013 9:36AM
there is the "tell it like it is group" which is a no holds barred critique. "nice pic" comments not allowed. however as with a lot of the groups there isn't as much engagement as I would likefrom a group.

I, for example put up an image requesting a crit as although i liked it i was working in a new direction and genuinely wanted honest feedback form other photogs. As yet it has not received anything. I know that this can be taken 2 ways. either it is amazing and no criticism can be levelled at it (I don't believe this) or.. it is so bad that no one can find anything good to say (I don't believe this either). i think that we all have interesting ideas for groups however only a very few will have the sort of activity that will keep them going.

If you want to crit images though, this is probably the group to be in.
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
12 Feb 2013 10:38AM
Too many groups and the trouble is people then cannot be bothered after a time to have any more input on the matter, but just stay on the usual themes.
Gypsyman e2
4 660 England
12 Feb 2013 4:26PM
Sounds Interesting,only way to find out if it would work is for someone to start it off, with the statement it would end within a set time if it did not work.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.