Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more
Can't Access your Account?
New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
I am not looking for a click I want to see if I can get a debate going. Have a look at THIS PICTURE.
1. Would you class this as action?
2. Would you submit this photograph?
3. If you are the sports editor of a newspaper would you use this photograph?
Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.
My views are
1 Action yes
2 Submit No, because the expressions would add a lot more to the picture. Also I would darken/blur the spectator more.
3 See 2 above.
To be fair it is not my area of expertise or skill, so just my thoughts.
1. Yes it is action.
2. No I wouldn't
3. IF i was a sports editor... No I dont think I would.
The points you mention are not obvious enough in the photo. If however this action led to a player breaking a leg then maybe it would get used. But then the shot of the player being stretchered off is more likely to make print.
2. Yes to this site, but a magazine/paper then no (see answer 3)
3. Maybe, I'm not an editor so have no basis for this reason other then you can't see the players faces.
Strawman ... we are not allowed to alter the photograph in the way you say. All I can do is normal photposhop work. The rest is honestly not allowed, it is classed as cheating.
3. No - The shot doesnt tell me anything about the match apart from a player is jumping with the keeper. It didnt look like a key moment during the match (ie goal, injury, sending off etc). Also i cant tell from the photo whos the real winner or loser...
My sports Editor at Cornwall and Devon Media would not touch it Frank, a good action pic but you really need to see the players faces, backs of players usually don't sell ! I wouldn't send it in to any of my papers.
Quote: I wouldn't send it in to any of my papers.
Geoff breathes a sigh of relief as he nobbles one more competitor and prepares to submit his own photo ...
No.......unless the editor wanted a shot of the keeper sutaining his injuries - then that's another matter.
Quote: Geoff breathes a sigh of relief as he nobbles one more competitor and prepares to submit his own photo
LOL John , but I think that Hartlepool is just a little out of my area !! Now Truro City or The Cornish Pirates , that's another thing........... )))))
3 No - think for a paper you need faces
This is what I wanted people to say YEs or NO ....
Of course you know that I have said that I would never use a pic like this unless.....
ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.
You must be a member to leave a comment
Get the latest photography news straight from ePHOTOzine in your email every month and win prizes!
1st July 2014 - 31st July 2014
Check out ePHOTOzine's inspirational photo month calendar! Each day click on a window to unveil new photography tips, treats and techniques.
View July's Photo Month Calendar