Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What is Happiness?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

scottishphototours

Happiness is the ability to wipe one's own backside, and be happy with the result.

I was paralysed for nearly 5 months when I was young. When I recovered this was the greatest feeling in the world, one that most of us take for granted....

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Sep 2010 - 7:45 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Billlee
Billlee  85531 forum posts England
24 Sep 2010 - 7:45 PM

Quote: So far everyone's requirements for happiness seem quite modest and reasonable.
If only everyone outside this forum were so content we might have a better world! It just occurred to me that maybe self-hate and lack of self-esteem are two of the biggest obstacles to gaining happiness - or maybe just a big ego is the main problem.Wink

I agree .... all introspection either negative, low self esteem, shyness etc or 'positive'(if i can use that word in this context) ... enlarged ego, pride in self etc never lead to happiness, it is only when you give of yourself to others, when in fact you forget self, that true happiness ensues.

Last Modified By Billlee at 24 Sep 2010 - 7:47 PM
User_Removed
24 Sep 2010 - 8:07 PM

Quote: Happiness is the ability to wipe one's own backside, and be happy with the result.

That is hard to respond to frankly Andy...

I'm so pleased you got better.

scottishphototours

Quote: Happiness is the ability to wipe one's own backside, and be happy with the result.

That is hard to respond to frankly Andy...

I'm so pleased you got better.

Hard to respond to but so true. I recounted this tale at a "dinner party" where all these wammeez were spouting about their "passions". One guy's was a yacht, another guy his wine collection, one woman her handbags and it got to me and I said that this was my passion - there was a stunned silence. Sometimes we lose focus on whats important in life and health is the #1 thing we take for granted. Health is the ultimate happiness.

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102260 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2010 - 8:41 PM

Quote: Loving others and making them happy!

Yes, I think atheists can agree with believers on that...though I think sometimes hating others makes us happy...but not for long. Wink

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012548 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2010 - 8:43 PM

getting more than I expected on ebay ahahahahahahahaha Grin

StrayCat
StrayCat  1014487 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2010 - 9:05 PM

Waking up in the morning and opening my eyes, and being able to see. I was legally blind for a month and a half last October and November. We discovered it was diabetes II, not a big deal anymore, but scarey at the time. My Mother was blind.

Oh, and seeing my old friend Garth posting in the forum again.Grin

Last Modified By StrayCat at 24 Sep 2010 - 9:07 PM
Picture_Newport

For me...

Being able to smile again..

I had a very bad Bells Palsy late last year that lasted until Feb this year... it's very rare to get this twice, but somehow I managed it once when I was 10 and the most recent bout.

Still not 100%, have not regained full movement and probably never will, got around 80% back (look at my profile pic closely and you can see). Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, the pain can be horrendous, the headaches unbareable, and the loss of appetite for food and life is demoralizing.

Smiling is good. Grin

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102260 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2010 - 9:24 PM

Quote: Waking up in the morning and opening my eyes, and being able to see. I was legally blind for a month and a half last October and November. We discovered it was diabetes II, not a big deal anymore, but scarey at the time. My Mother was blind.

Oh, and seeing my old friend Garth posting in the forum again.Grin

That must have been scarey, Denny. I'm so pleased that you're o.k. now. As it happens, I was stopped by a guy in the street today and he asked me to read this note that he had because his sight was going. I felt so sorry for him - the note was quite clearly legible to me... and I was even sorrier for him when I read out that he owed the optician about 26. Sad

gcarth
24 Sep 2010 - 9:28 PM

Quote: Smiling is good.

Especially laughing! Maybe laughing and loving is what happiness is all about...Grin

chalkhillblue
chalkhillblue e2 Member 5143 forum postschalkhillblue vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2010 - 10:12 PM

Happiness is a warm puppy.
David

sidaorb
sidaorb  83857 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2010 - 10:17 PM

Quote: Happiness is a warm puppy.
David

Even more happiness is a pair of warm puppies Grin

User_Removed
24 Sep 2010 - 10:50 PM

Quote: ahahahahahahahaha

(She lost it...)

And a lovely, lovely woman too! So sad.

Wink

Grin

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012548 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
24 Sep 2010 - 11:01 PM

Quote: (She lost it...)

what... you only just noticed ;0

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
25 Sep 2010 - 12:12 AM

I am the happiest I have ever been in my whole life.

It's certainly not money as we're the poorest we've ever been, but I have wonderful friends, I sing in the choir, I have a fabulous photography club, I LOVE with a passion my karate, I live in a wonderful place, I spend all day making things that people want to buy from me, life is so good right now.

I do think the crux is my karate though, I get such a HUGE rush of endorphins when I do it, it's like a drug, I'm totally addicted, my Sensei is wonderful, the class is fabulous, I feel fitter and more toned and better about myself, it's the best thing I have ever done.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.