Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What is Photo Month?

Advertisement

roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
2 Mar 2010 2:47PM
I'm not having a go....well maybe a bit Smile

All we have at the moment is the where & when (at best) what we are lacking is the how and why
I just feel it should be the primary reason (perhaps even complusary) to include this if contributing an image to these threads

Edit: Personaly I use the search gallery option quite a lot when I need to find images, its really useful

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown 6 6.6k 242 England
2 Mar 2010 3:03PM

Quote:Certainly refreshes the parts that other `galleries' don't. Smile

I agree Jeff,
I'd never thought much about 'misty shots' until now.
I even dug out an old image of a park with some ducks and had a go at Pete's tutorial.
It worked too!
Jester.
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
2 Mar 2010 4:26PM

Quote:Certainly refreshes the parts that other `galleries' don't.

I'm glad you think this and I'm happy to hear it's making people think about ideas they may not have.

Quote:All we have at the moment is the where & when (at best) what we are lacking is the how and why I just feel it should be the primary reason (perhaps even complusary) to include this if contributing an image to these threads

It's a good suggestion, knowing how and why someone took a photograph is always interesting and useful to know.
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
2 Mar 2010 4:35PM
I like this new part to the site.. had a go already. Its good to have somewhere to go if stuck for something to shoot or upload, see a suggestion and go along with it.
Great idea guys and gals.
Smile
Sus 10 3.2k 9 England
4 Mar 2010 3:03PM
Just wanted to say that although I am too busy this month to participate, I'm really enjoying this idea, following the techniques, and hope to have a play with them in the near future! Cheers guys for this!
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
4 Mar 2010 3:06PM
I'm glad you're enjoying the new feature! Don't forget to upload your images into the daily forum threads. It's great to see the final results!

Cheers.
rossd 11 1.1k England
4 Mar 2010 7:04PM

Quote:Any idea when the first Calgary meet will be?

I'd put my name down - I love the Isle of Mull !!
samfurlong 8 2.5k United Kingdom
16 Mar 2010 8:28PM
Can I make a suggestion??
COuld the theme for the next day be unveiled the night before? It doesn't have to be until later on in the evening but many people like myself don't check epz in the morning and hence it is only now, at 8pm that I have seen what todays theme was - far too late to go and take and pictures....

Just a thought.
16 Mar 2010 10:51PM

Quote:COuld the theme for the next day be unveiled the night before?

I hadn't thought of that. That's a great idea.

Jester.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
16 Mar 2010 10:59PM
But it is not a daily "challenge"

Nothing to stop you uploading a horse image in a day or two's time Wink
16 Mar 2010 11:02PM

Quote:Nothing to stop you uploading a horse image in a day or two's time Wink

True, but the novelty's worn off by then, especially if the theme's not one that grabs the attention of lots of people.
Jester.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
16 Mar 2010 11:06PM
Well, the way I am seeing this feature is to give us ideas to think about and to get us motivated to try new things we may not have previously considered.
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
17 Mar 2010 9:32AM

Quote:Could the theme for the next day be unveiled the night before? It doesn't have to be until later on in the evening but many people like myself don't check epz in the morning and hence it is only now, at 8pm that I have seen what today's theme was - far too late to go and take and pictures....

Hey,

Thanks for the suggestion Sam. It's something I'll mention to the team today. Last Friday the theme for Saturday and Sunday was also made live on the site and some seemed to prefer it that way.

Cheers,

Nik.
jarendell 8 95 2 Spain
31 Mar 2010 12:23PM
This photo is one I took a while ago in a castle near to Valencia where I live, and this is the result of just using the natural window that was available.
jarendell 8 95 2 Spain
31 Mar 2010 12:24PM
1-copy-for-ephotozine-monthly-comp-window-lighting-boda-benisano.jpg

WhoopsGrin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.