Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Advertisement

What is Photo Month?

Forums > Photo Month Forum > What is Photo Month?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
JJGEE
JJGEE  96098 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2010 - 5:27 PM

Is there / will there be an archive so that we can go back and look at previous month's daily challenge calendar ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Apr 2010 - 5:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Apr 2010 - 8:51 PM

Quote: Is there / will there be an archive so that we can go back and look at previous month's daily challenge calendar ?

Yes currently the best way will be to bookmark the month page when it's announced to save you looking for the forum and news pages announcing it.

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2010 - 7:51 AM

It still needs to give us more time to plan for shots. Finding out on the day is too quick.
Adam

Fishnet
Fishnet  94976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2010 - 11:41 PM

I prefer finding out on the day (or the night before), it makes it more of a challenge, it's good to see what you can come up with at a moments notice.

Jestertheclown
2 Apr 2010 - 11:52 PM

Quote: I prefer finding out on the day (or the night before), it makes it more of a challenge, it's good to see what you can come up with at a moments notice.

You could've told me the previous week. I'd still have struggled with "beachcombing".
I live almost exactly in the centre of the country!

Jester.

Fishnet
2 Apr 2010 - 11:54 PM

Lol, like I struggled with the town one Tongue

DRicherby
DRicherby  5269 forum posts United Kingdom725 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2010 - 10:41 AM

Will Cheung wrote:

Quote: Giving more warning for events is definitely high on my list to sort so that people can plan ahead. We will probably end up with a mixture of surprises and future event warnings.

For an event, you need to give both adequate notice and post the tutorials before the event itself. There's not a lot of point giving everyone enough notice to attend, say, the All British Zombie Racing Championships if you don't teach us how to photograph zombies until the day of the championships. If you do that, the people who are at the event don't have the benefit of the tutorial and it ends up being `How you should have photographed zombies yesterday.'

Dave.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103956 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2010 - 12:43 PM

has the upload size been changed? am being asked to re-size to 72dpi......never had to do that before

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2010 - 1:09 PM

Quote: Has the upload size been changed? am being asked to re-size to 72dpi......never had to do that before

Temporarily. This will be rectified next week

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103956 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2010 - 5:32 PM

ok..thanks, Pete

Happy Easter to Epz towers Grin

JJGEE
JJGEE  96098 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
3 Apr 2010 - 8:44 PM

Quote: am being asked to re-size to 72dpi.

Thought that was the standard dpi for uploading here, as per resizing instructions / advice in the FAQ section.

cats_123
3 Apr 2010 - 9:02 PM

Quote: am being asked to re-size to 72dpi.
Thought that was the standard dpi for uploading here, as per resizing instructions / advice in the FAQ section.

I have been uploading to both the galleries and the forums regularly - today, I was presented with a message saying i had to resize to 72dpi...I tried reducing the number of pixels to no effect (continually getting the same message). As far as I am aware the number of dpi has nothing to do with upload size, so fail to understand what is happening. Pete says it will be rectified next week...I can wait

DOGSBODY
DOGSBODY e2 Member 51432 forum postsDOGSBODY vcard England30 Constructive Critique Points
4 Apr 2010 - 6:44 PM

I have supported Photo Month wherever and whenever I can but I do feel that this would be much better as a weekly challenge than a daily one as it is now. If it was weekly it would give everyone more time to come up with pictures and this should mean a better quality of images being uploaded. It would also give the "Team" more time to come up with good themes, some of them at the moment appear to be spur of the moment decisions which are not particularly popular with members, also some of them have been very similar - the church themes for instance.

The idea behind Photo Month is an excellent one but I wonder how long it can go on on a daily basis and how long members will support it in its current format.

Fishnet
4 Apr 2010 - 11:58 PM

I agree, i think picking daily themes is pushing it a bit and I can't do one each day as I would like.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
5 Apr 2010 - 11:18 AM

Quote: The idea behind Photo Month is an excellent one but I wonder how long it can go on on a daily basis and how long members will support it in its current format.

It should be a weekly challenge that allows all members to upload images to the forums not just e2 members.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.