Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Advertisement

What is Photo Month?

Forums > Photo Month Forum > What is Photo Month?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Stevecarr2010
26 Jun 2012 - 10:02 AM

Oh yeah, oops!! Thanks for pointing that out.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Jun 2012 - 10:02 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 9:05 AM

Has the concept of Photo Month changed ?

Originally I had the impression one was to read the technique articles then go out to "experiment" and upload the resulting shots.

It now appears that everyone, me included on occasions Sad , is just trawling through one's catalogue and picking out shots that match the daily theme.

For example, I doubt if many people have actually gone out this morning and taken all those Tulip shots Wink

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 9:39 AM

Quote: I had the impression one was to read the technique articles then go out to "experiment" and upload the resulting shots.

The concept hasn't changed. It's a daily guide to help readers take better photos of the chosen subject. The forum then provides a place to show examples of this subject. You can go out and take the shot specifically (which is encouraged to help those who want to develop) or you can show off previous examples. Use it how you like.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96064 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 10:10 AM

It would be tricky to take any pics for today's Tulip theme anyway as I suspect most, in the UK at least, have gone over so there are none about anymore.

I don't join in very often nowadays, oddly enough since prizes were introduced Photo Month has become very popular - which granted is a good thing - but kinda puts me off. Not that I'd object to some new kit - the catch on my release plate is very duff and I've yet to figure out if it's fixable.

Maybe I'll find a Tulip pic to add Smile

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96064 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jun 2012 - 10:27 AM

Then again - I recall the supermarkets have plenty of tulips in - I was thinking home grown Smile do ignore me......

SoulShot
SoulShot  2
18 Sep 2012 - 4:42 PM

Looking for instructions on how to upload images

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
18 Sep 2012 - 4:46 PM

Hi SoulShot...to upload to the forum click the little "Upload an Image Icon" ( computer screen icon next to the youtube upload icon and smilies in the comment box).
To upload to the gallery click her. Upload a Photo to Gallery The gallery upload link is also in the site menu under the Photos tab

RobArtphoto
28 Nov 2012 - 6:06 PM

Quote: The idea is just to introduce a new idea or technique per day. It's not a meet and the forum threads to upload your picture when appropriate to the idea can run for more than one day so that people can join in.

Originally the months were going to be themed, and then they could have been announced, but looks like the final solution is to go more ad-hoc per month. Fear was that people would get bored if the month was not a genre of interest.

RobArtphoto
28 Nov 2012 - 6:14 PM

I'm all for showing a theme in advance but not the whole month. one day in advance would be great especially for those of us who work non photography jobs. if I know what the theme is for Saturday on Friday I can be prepared for Saturday. I'm not a photographer I'm a walkabout picture taker.and I walk about on my days off.

p12owe
p12owe  1101 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Feb 2013 - 12:50 PM

Is there a definitive guide to this photo month thingy anywhere?
I have been using it for some time now just for inspiration and trying new techniques, however I do not upload the images to the forum as I am completely baffled as to the rules (if any)
Reading through this forum, there seem to be some contradictions.

Can anyone upload, and if so how many images are expected?
Does the image have to be taken that day, as I work shifts and cannot usually get shots taken and uploaded the same day, especially if it involves outdoor shots.
Some people seem to upload old shots from their gallery. Is this allowed if it fits the theme?
I have read earlier references to it being a competition. Is this still the case, and if so who judges it and when?

Sorry to sound so dim, but I am sure their are many like me who would love to join in if we knew exactly what it was all about... how about a single short guide from someone rather than the link to this very lengthy forum?Smile

Pete
10 Feb 2013 - 1:01 PM

You're not being dim. We've left it pretty open. Photo Month is basically a useful section to gain knowledge about all kinds of photography techniques. It will hopefully inspire and encourage interactivity and also motivate those stuck for things to photograph.
The forum posts are added so you can share the results. The competition element is added to encourage additional posts. It's judged by the editorial team, no deadlines are set, old photos are allowed, although it's designed to get you out and about with your cameras.

As its been going quite a while now a guide is a good idea ...I'll put that forward to the team

Last Modified By Pete at 10 Feb 2013 - 1:03 PM
p12owe
p12owe  1101 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Feb 2013 - 1:18 PM

Thanks for the lightning fast response Pete.
I've been playing about with the photo month subjects quite a lot lately, but given my track record for ending up looking really stupid, I have not been brave enough to post anything yet!Tongue

JJGEE
JJGEE  96319 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Feb 2013 - 1:30 PM

Quote: As its been going quite a while now a guide

Pete, I know you are going to say that it is a Team effort but I think it is worth a special mention for Nikita's involvement / responsibility in keeping it going on a daily basis for so long Smile

A guide is certainly a good idea, particualrly in that each day there is a link to a tutorial or technique tips.

Perhaps the new feature being mentioned elsewhere is about tutorials being more prominent / easier to find Wink

Pete
10 Feb 2013 - 1:45 PM

Quote:

Pete, I know you are going to say that it is a Team effort but I think it is worth a special mention for Nikita's involvement / responsibility in keeping it going on a daily basis for so long Smile

Absolutely she's been the strength of this feature and even ensuring it continues when she's off for holiday etc.

nik111
nik111 ePHOTOzine Staff 6322 forum postsnik111 vcard United Kingdom
14 Feb 2013 - 11:26 AM

Quote: Pete, I know you are going to say that it is a Team effort but I think it is worth a special mention for Nikita's involvement / responsibility in keeping it going on a daily basis for so long

Quote: Absolutely she's been the strength of this feature and even ensuring it continues when she's off for holiday etc.

Ahhh - Thanks Smile

I'm putting the guide together now that will hopefully help people new to the feature! I'll add it to the Photo Month forum so if any one has any other tips / pointers they think will help they can add them too.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.