Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What is Portrait Photography ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314957 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yep a portrait Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

DouglasMorley
17 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

This all boils down to semantics. Actually strobic refers to strobe which is simply a lamp. The Americans have given it their own interpretation which we all slavishly copy.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade  1014736 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

must categorise!!!!

Wink

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314957 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Yeh if you like sugar coatings Smile

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72149 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
17 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

lol @ outside = lifestyle
Ade's bored again Wink

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

It is i suppose very much down to semantics , and i can see how outside inside street etc are still all portrait photography in a way. I do love the way that photographers categorize however , just yesterday we did a wedding and the usual guy with a big camera was rushing round firing randomly whilst we were working.

I did my usual and approached him to strike up a conversation and politely let him know to not interfere with our shots, he then harps up that he doesn't do 'weddings' and doesn't like doing 'people' he is a 'landscape' photographer with a sort of superior tone.

To which i applied that i too was a landscape photographer and when i preferred a more relaxed and less challenging day i would wander off with camera and tripod and do 'landscapes'- however for me landscapes dont pay the bills and weddings are much more of a test of me and my equipment , he looked bemused that a wedding tog was able to photography other subjects and questioned where i sold my work. 'Worldwide' was my reply. At this point having failed miserably to get a bite he disapeared into the bg for the rest of the day. Conversely another young lad who was shooting a Canon got talking to me and i helped him out with a few shots during the day and even gave him a second body to shoot the first dance in video for the B&G on the night.

Although i realize there are different skills involved in different types of photography i think sometimes its easy to pigeon hole and i admire those who excel in all forms of their art and even more so those that can excel in more than one area.

ade_mcfade
18 May 2013 - 1:38 PM

Quote: Lol @ outside = lifestyle
Ade's bored again Wink

god yeah... the site's not helping like it used to.... more bored in many ways Sad

ade_mcfade
18 May 2013 - 1:42 PM

anyone fancy a pint in Leeds Wink

arhb
arhb e2 Member 72149 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 2:31 PM

Wish I was closer Ade, and I would join you.

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43650 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
18 May 2013 - 4:31 PM

Quote: Anyone fancy a pint in Leeds Wink

If your powers are such that you can physically move Leeds to Norway, more specifically 42km SW of Oslo, then I'll gladly join you...and even buy you a pint. (Shh, don't tell everyone...) On the condition than you put Leeds back where it belongs afterwards...the Vikings might object otherwise.

Malc

Last Modified By saltireblue at 18 May 2013 - 4:31 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.