Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What is the best angle at which to take different photographs?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012596 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 2:36 PM

Quote: Maybe a little SOH is required?

I thought it was quite funny ;0

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
14 Aug 2012 - 2:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 2:37 PM

Quote: He was having a joke Cole - your mastery of English is not quite complete

Hi Ho Hi Ho, back to the school I go.... Smile

BarrieNeilPhotography

and I'm Snow White

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 2:42 PM

I think you are a bit too orange for that.... Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43816 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 2:54 PM

Quote:
Hi Ho Hi Ho, back to the school I go.... Smile

Don't forget the apple for teacher.Wink

Last Modified By saltireblue at 14 Aug 2012 - 2:54 PM
Jestertheclown
14 Aug 2012 - 3:39 PM

Quote: Don't learn the 'rule of thirds' Sad it restricts creativity.

Quote: And don't be scared of converging verticals, despite what some expert critics say,

Disregard the so-called "rules of composition?"

Do I detect a kindred spirit here?

You'd be a breath of fresh air in the CG Ivan.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 14 Aug 2012 - 3:40 PM
mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
14 Aug 2012 - 3:45 PM

Hmm...I'd say learn the 'rule of thirds'. It's an excellent guide for composing. Once you've learned it, you can choose to break it - it's not compulsory!

adrian_w
adrian_w e2 Member 73288 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 4:04 PM

Quote: Are we? Didn't notice that .Maybe a little SOH is required? Wink
He was having a joke Cole - your mastery of English is not quite complete Grin

I suspect Coles' mastery of mathematics might be a tad better than yours.
Especially if he adds CAH & TOA.

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53577 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 4:14 PM

Quote: ....anything will do

Some car photographer's drop the left or right side of the camera to angle a car as if its going up/downhill for a faster speed look.
Some architecture photographer get down low and point up a bit (Ade) to get forground interest and buildings.
Some fashion/bloke photographer's shoot a foot or so below eyeline to give the subject more presence.
Some fashion shoots of girls get above them to soften their look or draw attention to their faces.
Some macro shooters shoot straight down to the ground, star gazers point up much more.

To shoot for the public shoot proven styles, to shoot for other photographers try fresh angles to the norm.

to quote your quote
Quote: ....anything will do

as long as you like it.

Best wishes
Stuart

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41194 forum posts United Kingdom196 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 5:26 PM

Adrian...a trigonometric joke! Not something you see every day....

On a more serious note, it's a good practice to get an old slide mount or card cut out to the same aspect as your sensor and look through it, change your angles and positions and distance from your eye to see how stuff appears framed by it, then you can gauge what angles and focal lengths look better than others. You can keep a slide mount in your pocket anywhere you go (except maybe the swimming pool...Tongue) you will soon get used to seeing which angle is better or worse.
Change heights, walk round subjects, try to see how many different shots you can get. There is no substitute for experience, and you will only gain experience for yourself.

There is no simple answer to the OP's question.

Nick

JJGEE
JJGEE  96276 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 6:43 PM

Quote: Maybe a little SOH is required?

Quote: Especially if he adds CAH & TOA.

Blimey, not used those acronyms for around 38 years...but do bring back happy memories Wink

ourdayphotos
14 Aug 2012 - 7:21 PM

And what's your favourite shape? I like a squiggly one, like some puddles..

PhoenixRed
20 Aug 2012 - 1:18 PM

Hey guys, thank you all so much for your comments! I now get it! thanks for the help, i really enjoyed your feedback Wink

PhoenixRed
20 Aug 2012 - 1:19 PM

A favourite shape? Hmm, it would have to be lines! ro in other words stripesSmile

PhoenixRed
20 Aug 2012 - 1:20 PM

I mean *or

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.