Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

What is the best setup for printing on a Epson Photo 830

Skier 11 203 China
24 Mar 2003 9:20PM
I don't seem to be getting great pictures from the Epson 830 - certainly not like some of the test images I have sen. Has anyone any experience with this printer? There is no way any of my prints take nearly as long as the reviews suggest it should take to chuck out (11 minutes at A4 at best photo setting takes about 5 minutes)and I can't find the resolution performance management setting anywhere on the driver software or via properties when I go to print.

I am using PS 7.01, Epson Premium Glossy Paper and Epson cartridges.

Very confused!

Regards

Ben

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ella 11 43
26 Mar 2003 11:18PM
Best photo automatically selects the highest resolution, and "photo" is a lower resolution, etc.

You should press the "advanced button" on the screen where you can select "best photo". This will give you further options - ensure that "high speed" is NOT selected. (does sound like this is the problem)

You could also try some of the diagnostic tools (find them in the driver software under the tab "maintenance".) Try the nozzle check and print head alignment check. It will tell you what to do.

If this does not help, could you be more specific about what it is about the print that you are unhappy with.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.