Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What is this?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kombizz
    kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2013 - 11:55 AM

I received the following email from ePHOTOzine saying that:

Quote: To celebrate the launch of GraphicStock.com, they are giving away 7 days of complimentary access to download anything you want at no charge:
    7 Days of Complimentary Downloads: 50,000+ Images
    You can download anything you want on GraphicStock.com for 7 days (20 images per day). This includes icons, backgrounds, textures, vectors and many more graphical elements.
    GraphicStock is only giving this complimentary access to a limited number of users, so start downloading now:
    Download Complimentary Graphics Now
    To advertise in our newsletter, sent to over 93,000 subscribers, please contact: advertising@ephotozine.com

Then I said to myself that is a good promotion. I finished the first step of registration of giving details. Then in the second step asked me my bank details which I STOPPED.
    Not sure what was the whole idea behind sending this money grabbing promotion by ePHOTOzine email?
    If by any chance, the editor of ePHOTOzine see this, PLEASE stop sending this nonesense stuff to my email address. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Sep 2013 - 11:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

conrad
    conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2013 - 12:05 PM

Quote: PLEASE stop sending this nonesense stuff to my email address. Thanks.

You probably don't need any help accomplishing that. I suspect that this is the kind of message you won't receive anymore if you go to your Settings, Website Options, and next to Marketing newsletter change 'Subscribed' to 'Not subscribed', and then click Save changes.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023185 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2013 - 12:10 PM

Sadly in this case, Kombizz will have got to the point where he entered his email address.

They're coming. Wink

KevSB
    KevSB  101410 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2013 - 12:45 PM

Ok, Kombizz before complaining on an open forum, about having to read an email, perhaps you should read it again and note the following.
    here.jpg

kombizz
    24 Sep 2013 - 1:01 PM

Thank Conard for your advice.

kombizz
    24 Sep 2013 - 1:01 PM

Thank you keithh for warning.
    I am waiting for more!

kombizz
    24 Sep 2013 - 1:02 PM

Thank you KevSB
    Next time I TRY to remember.

keithh
    keithh e2 Member 1023185 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2013 - 3:09 PM

I think the issue here is that some people will want ro receive sales offers made by epz and its advertisers and many will by implication assume an element of trust.

On this occasion, as in the video blocks offer - it is not an exclusive offer and even if you pull out of the offer once you realise that you will have to give your card details they will plague you forever more via email.

conrad
    conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Sep 2013 - 3:37 PM

It might be an idea for ePhotozine to require firms that use EPZ's e-mail advertising possibilities to indicate in their communications to the members exactly what is required from them in order to accept the offer. For instance, 'If you accept this offer, you will be required to enter your contact and credit card details.'

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.