Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What is wrong with Pentax?

strawman 11 22.0k 16 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2008 2:51PM
Yes if I were in the market for an entry level camera I would pick it in preference to most of the entry devices.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

boony 8 978 3 United Kingdom
4 Jun 2008 3:53PM
iv e been saying thisa for a while now. i always liked pentax film gear seemed solid and well made and the 6/7 was a thing of beauty. i dont think ive read a bad review of a recent pentax lens and the price is absolute knockout. but ive got loads ofd canon gear!! if i was starting again pentax , on paper, would be right at the top of thye list plus theyve got that 14 million pixel model out
cathal 10 492 4 Ireland
4 Jun 2008 4:08PM
A K10D at 369 is hard to over look...
Spinal 8 78
4 Jun 2008 7:42PM
The K10's dropped to 370? tempting.... very tempting....
1 Jul 2008 12:52PM
The K10d is indeed fabulous, I love mine.

I bought it after much deliberation about 15 months ago, and I haven't been disappointed.

That said I've not invested in any lenses as my dad has plenty of (old) K-mount glass I can borrow, and now I find myself wondering if this wouldn't be a good time to jump ship, with no lens investment to protect.

I look at Nikon and see a huge array of Nikkor glass, and Sigma and Tamron making all their lenses to fit. And then I see that you can easily hire lenses to fit a Nikon, or even easily hire a spare body, or a waterproof housing.

And Pentax? Well, there are some Pentax lenses, and most Sigma ones come in k-mount, but not all. And the focussing is not that quick with any of them as far as I can tell.

So I'm at a crossroad...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.