Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What is wrong with Pentax?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2008 - 2:51 PM

Yes if I were in the market for an entry level camera I would pick it in preference to most of the entry devices.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Jun 2008 - 2:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

boony
boony  7978 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2008 - 3:53 PM

iv e been saying thisa for a while now. i always liked pentax film gear seemed solid and well made and the 6/7 was a thing of beauty. i dont think ive read a bad review of a recent pentax lens and the price is absolute knockout. but ive got loads ofd canon gear!! if i was starting again pentax , on paper, would be right at the top of thye list plus theyve got that 14 million pixel model out

cathal
cathal  10492 forum posts Ireland4 Constructive Critique Points
4 Jun 2008 - 4:08 PM

A K10D at 369 is hard to over look...

Spinal
Spinal  878 forum posts
4 Jun 2008 - 7:42 PM

The K10's dropped to 370? tempting.... very tempting....

NorthernSoul
1 Jul 2008 - 12:52 PM

The K10d is indeed fabulous, I love mine.

I bought it after much deliberation about 15 months ago, and I haven't been disappointed.

That said I've not invested in any lenses as my dad has plenty of (old) K-mount glass I can borrow, and now I find myself wondering if this wouldn't be a good time to jump ship, with no lens investment to protect.

I look at Nikon and see a huge array of Nikkor glass, and Sigma and Tamron making all their lenses to fit. And then I see that you can easily hire lenses to fit a Nikon, or even easily hire a spare body, or a waterproof housing.

And Pentax? Well, there are some Pentax lenses, and most Sigma ones come in k-mount, but not all. And the focussing is not that quick with any of them as far as I can tell.

So I'm at a crossroad...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.