Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

what laptop / operating system

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

swanseajack41
11 Oct 2012 - 4:30 PM

do peops use with ps cs ? Any preferences ?
paul

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Oct 2012 - 4:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 4:32 PM

I recently got myself a Toshiba laptop with I5 processor and 6gb RAM. It happily handles PS and LR together.

Ian

colinmac
colinmac  5 Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 6:39 PM

Ian, Which do you prefer the laptop with the smaller screen or the PC?
Colin.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122198 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 6:45 PM

If you don't move around a lot...PC with loads of room for upgrades. Oh, and a big screen.

GarethRobinson
11 Oct 2012 - 8:01 PM

or get an ipad or iphone for serious work....LOL

User_Removed
11 Oct 2012 - 8:20 PM

Quote: If you don't move around a lot...PC with loads of room for upgrades. Oh, and a big screen.

Ditto. For me a pair of 27" monitors is an absolute "must". I just don't know how anyone does any serious photographic processing on a laptop.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
11 Oct 2012 - 8:28 PM

I
Quote: just don't know how anyone does any serious photographic processing on a laptop.

I don't have any problem with it.

colinmac
colinmac  5 Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2012 - 3:26 PM

Quote: I just don't know how anyone does any serious photographic processing on a laptop.

I don't have any problem with it.

I think this would be my problem, I could not work with a 15" screen. Another problem for me is on a laptop the screen always looks brighter or darker according to the viewing angle and it is hard to know which is correct.
Colin.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2012 - 7:12 PM

Quote: I could not work with a 15" screen.

It dosn't have to be 15", 17" screens are available and mine sports a massive 18." screen. And you can always zoom in.

Quote: Another problem for me is on a laptop the screen always looks brighter or darker according to the viewing angle and it is hard to know which is correct.

But its really just the same with a desktop, you move the screen or your chair and you can't be sure if your new viewing angle is "correct".
I tend to find that the screen naturally sits at a similar angle each time I use it and modern screens have quite a wide viewing angle before you see a colour shift.

User_Removed
12 Oct 2012 - 10:15 PM

Quote:
But its really just the same with a desktop, you move the screen or your chair and you can't be sure if your new viewing angle is "correct".

Not if you have a decent IPS panel which many ePzers have.

lobsterboy
12 Oct 2012 - 10:32 PM

Quote: Not if you have a decent IPS panel which many ePzers have.

You can get IPS on a laptop - especially those nice Macbook Pros Wink

User_Removed
12 Oct 2012 - 11:12 PM

I didn't say you couldn't. Wink

_
_  9535 forum posts Virgin Islands, British4 Constructive Critique Points
13 Oct 2012 - 9:57 AM

Quote: I just don't know how anyone does any serious photographic processing on a laptop.

Do you honestly think that the legions of sports/news photographers carry twin 27" monitors around with them when covering games/stories?

To me serious photography is all about getting the shots away as fast as possible from anywhere I'm asked to go.

mohikan22
mohikan22  102185 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Oct 2012 - 10:38 AM

pc with room Grin win7 64 bit ultimate, 16gb ram 4xSSD drives. I5 o/c 4gb 23" dell monitor 2084x1024

User_Removed
13 Oct 2012 - 11:38 AM

Paul look for something with a 17 inch screen, at least 6gb RAM, i5 processor or higher, Win 7

Likes of these.

I really like this, fast with fabulous spec and option to upgrade to Win 8 for just 15 download.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.