Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What lighting set up would you guys use for this scenario?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Roz
    Roz  6 United Kingdom
    28 Sep 2013 - 10:40 PM

I have been asked to photograph a group shoot and was wondering what lighting set up you would recommend for this scenario?

I will be in a medieval great hall, so the lighting is limited despite double height south facing windows which will be behind me when I shoot. The interior boast lots of oak panelling and dark wood floors; however the rest of the room is thankfully painted pale cream including the ceiling

The room is approx 30ft by 18ft and the ceiling height must be around 20ft.

I will be shooting from the south wall with the windows directly behind me, facing towards a large fireplace on the North wall which will be lit. It will of 12 individuals arranged around the fireplace standing, on Chairs, Chaise, table and floor so people will be at varying heights.

I have available 2 Bowens 500 watt lights, 2 x Bowens 400 watt and a 250 watt. I will be using rectangular soft boxes on all the lights and tripods.

I intend to shoot at around 35mm on full frame using a 24-70 2.8 lens, to avoid to much distortion, There are plenty of access points for extension leads so we should be able to place the lights where ever we choose. There will be ample space to place lights around either side of the subjects and in front of the group. There will be approx 12 feet between me and the first subject. If we place a light directly in front of the group it would need to be directly behind at a height so it does not interfere with the framing.

What lighting set up do you think would work best in this scenario?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/genexxa/Boringdon%20Hall/...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v173/genexxa/Boringdon%20Hall/...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Sep 2013 - 10:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.