Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

what make

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    shaggy04
    shaggy04  3 United Kingdom
    7 Aug 2011 - 12:53 PM

Im thinking of geting a macro lens,my camrea is a sony a330, what is the best make and price

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Aug 2011 - 12:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3798 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2011 - 1:16 PM

sigma 50-100 macro is what I used on my Sony Alpha 300 and currently on my Sony A 55 'not cheap but worth it:
    you could also go down the cheap route + experiment with a RAYN0X 25O -

..SEE HERE:

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr250/indexdcr250eg.htm

They are well worth the money,you can find them on Ebay. --.they fit on the,front of many lenses ana are fun to use:

Hobbo

shaggy04
    shaggy04  3 United Kingdom
    7 Aug 2011 - 2:47 PM

looking at 3 the sigma/ tamron/ sony/ but it is easy to no which one to go for,got a lot to learn. thinkyou

hobbo
    hobbo e2 Member 3798 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2011 - 3:04 PM

Quote: Looking at 3 the sigma/ tamron/ sony/ but it is easy to no which one to go for,got a lot to learn. thinkyou

I owe you an apology.............I hand wrote that on my tablet PC........... it should have read......................

A SONY 2.8-100 MACRO (this is my best and most expensive......but, there is a bonus.......it can be used for street photography and portraits too:

A SIGMA 2.8-50 Macro

plus the

RAYNOX Auxiliary lens

Hobb

cheddar-caveman

I am a great believer of body-make + lens-of-same-make = best pictures!

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Aug 2011 - 9:51 PM

Quote: body-make + lens-of-same-make = best pictures!

LOL....Sure, Try telling that to those who insist on using adapters to their Canon bodies, So they can use " Nikon " lens, " Zeiss " lens and other exotic options.....Grin

That said some of the third party options are pretty good, As with all things you pay your money and take your choices....Or is that chances.....Sad

Whatever....Wink

To the OP, The bottom line is your " Budget " ...? ? ?

There is little point in listing a whole pile of lens, If 80% of them are way out of your price range......Wink

Offertonhatter
    26 Aug 2011 - 10:03 PM

There is a lot to be said about same make for both camera and lens

BUT

The Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro is one steller lens, on any mount.

Last Modified By Offertonhatter at 26 Aug 2011 - 10:04 PM
    StrayCat
    StrayCat e2 Member 1014813 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2011 - 11:25 PM

So is the Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro, excellent!!!

bfgstew
    bfgstew  8668 forum posts England105 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Aug 2011 - 11:44 PM

Quote: So is the Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro, excellent!!!

Yep, quality build and quality feel, it can be a bit cumbersome at times but overall a cracking piece of glass.

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Aug 2011 - 4:10 AM

I've had the Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro and the Tamron 90mm Sp Di Macro and there isn't a lot of difference in quality with either lens. The Tamron is slighter cheaper and is my own preference, but only because I've had it for years and just get on with it better than I ever did the Sigma. Look at my p/f for images taken with it, I have screwed on permanently to it's own camera body, it gets used that much!

Ade

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.