Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

what make

shaggy04 3 18 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2011 12:53PM
Im thinking of geting a macro lens,my camrea is a sony a330, what is the best make and price

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
7 Aug 2011 1:16PM
sigma 50-100 macro is what I used on my Sony Alpha 300 and currently on my Sony A 55 'not cheap but worth it:
you could also go down the cheap route + experiment with a RAYN0X 25O -

..SEE HERE:

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr250/indexdcr250eg.htm

They are well worth the money,you can find them on Ebay. --.they fit on the,front of many lenses ana are fun to use:

Hobbo
shaggy04 3 18 United Kingdom
7 Aug 2011 2:47PM
looking at 3 the sigma/ tamron/ sony/ but it is easy to no which one to go for,got a lot to learn. thinkyou
hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
7 Aug 2011 3:04PM

Quote:Looking at 3 the sigma/ tamron/ sony/ but it is easy to no which one to go for,got a lot to learn. thinkyou

I owe you an apology.............I hand wrote that on my tablet PC........... it should have read......................

A SONY 2.8-100 MACRO (this is my best and most expensive......but, there is a bonus.......it can be used for street photography and portraits too:

A SIGMA 2.8-50 Macro

plus the

RAYNOX Auxiliary lens

Hobb
7 Aug 2011 7:13PM
I am a great believer of body-make + lens-of-same-make = best pictures!
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
7 Aug 2011 9:51PM

Quote:body-make + lens-of-same-make = best pictures!

LOL....Sure, Try telling that to those who insist on using adapters to their Canon bodies, So they can use " Nikon " lens, " Zeiss " lens and other exotic options.....Grin

That said some of the third party options are pretty good, As with all things you pay your money and take your choices....Or is that chances.....Sad

Whatever....Wink

To the OP, The bottom line is your " Budget " ...? ? ?

There is little point in listing a whole pile of lens, If 80% of them are way out of your price range......Wink
26 Aug 2011 10:03PM
There is a lot to be said about same make for both camera and lens

BUT

The Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro is one steller lens, on any mount.
StrayCat e2
10 15.5k 2 Canada
26 Aug 2011 11:25PM
So is the Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro, excellent!!!
bfgstew 8 668 105 England
26 Aug 2011 11:44PM

Quote:So is the Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro, excellent!!!

Yep, quality build and quality feel, it can be a bit cumbersome at times but overall a cracking piece of glass.
Ade_Osman e2
11 4.5k 36 England
27 Aug 2011 4:10AM
I've had the Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro and the Tamron 90mm Sp Di Macro and there isn't a lot of difference in quality with either lens. The Tamron is slighter cheaper and is my own preference, but only because I've had it for years and just get on with it better than I ever did the Sigma. Look at my p/f for images taken with it, I have screwed on permanently to it's own camera body, it gets used that much!

Ade

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.