Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What MIRRORLESS camera do you have?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Aug 2012 - 10:36 PM

They were always known as Neveready cases in my youth! Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Aug 2012 - 10:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315222 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2012 - 12:24 AM

Yeh it was a big mistake getting one for my X10, looks great on the camera, but its of no real use Smile

srh
srh  1033 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 9:02 AM

Just joined the group, so this is my first post Smile

I'm currently using a Panasonic GH2 with Panny 14-140mm, Panny 25mm f1.4 and Olympus 45 f1.8 lenses.

Cheers,

Simon.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
13 Aug 2012 - 10:38 AM

I've joined today too Smile

I've just bought an Olympus OM-D E-M5 (classic silver and black) with the Olympus M.Zuiko 12-50 f/3.6-6.3 kit lens. So now I start on the steep learning curve, figuring out all the clever things I'll be able to do with it!

Last Modified By mdpontin at 13 Aug 2012 - 10:39 AM
mikehit
mikehit  56333 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
13 Aug 2012 - 5:18 PM

I was in Jerusalem on business last week and took the (for me) radical decision to take my Panny GX1 instead of my 7D+lenses. It is the first time I have used it in an extended period and I loved the little beauty! I can now see what all the OM-D users talk about regards 'fun' - the small size sort of liberates and does not call attention to you and the image quality is quite impressive at higher ISOs. In the darker recesses of the suq I wish the IS was more effective but that is splitting hairs, as on the plus side I was surprised how quickly I got used to the button positions to change settings without taking the camera from my eye. Panasonic seem to have put a lot of thought into the ergonomics.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315222 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 12:49 PM

Makes you wonder why most people still prefer to lug around dslr`s and 20kg of kit Smile

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 12:54 PM

Quote: Makes you wonder why most people still prefer to lug around dslr`s and 20kg of kit Smile

Because they are still the best.... SmileTongue

Paul Morgan
14 Aug 2012 - 12:56 PM

For developing muscle mass Smile

mdpontin
14 Aug 2012 - 2:54 PM

It's an interesting point though...

How much of the time do we go for a higher spec tool that we really need? For example, a full-frame dSLR and pro lenses - very nice, but not all of us will ever make use of its full capabilities. How about Photoshop? I suspect most amateur PS users (not all) only use a tiny subset of what it can do, and would be fine with Elements or Lightroom.

I don't expect my E-M5 to match what an EOS 5D and 'L' series glass can do in terms of IQ, but as long as it's capable of delivering excellent results suitable for my requirements, that should be enough. And it has the advantage of being small and light enough that I'm more likely to carry it!

Last Modified By mdpontin at 14 Aug 2012 - 2:55 PM
mikehit
mikehit  56333 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
14 Aug 2012 - 3:07 PM

The GX1 is certainly make me think again on that one. I am starting to seriously wonder if I need all the Canon kit I have - maybe the 7D with the 100-400 for birds and the 100 macro for....well, macro. Most of my photography is opportunistic rather than planned projects and the GX1 is so much more convenient for that and I am far more likely to take it with me and if the Panny handles landscapes as well as first impressions suggest then the 'grown up' gear may take a seat even further back on the coach. I need to really get out there and test the two set-ups and crop the hell out of the images.

Patents suggest that Panasonic is developing a model with in-body IS and if that comes out then I can look forward to using my legacy Leica lenses Grin Grin

mdpontin
14 Aug 2012 - 8:11 PM

Oops...

Quote: How much of the time do we go for a higher spec tool that we really need?

That should have read
Quote: ...higher spec tool THAN we really need?

keith selmes
14 Aug 2012 - 9:00 PM

The other day I hauled around one of those big micro 4/3 cameras and 3 lenses for several hours, and all I used, all I needed really, was the tiny little compact.

Since then I've had a session indoors, and there's no way I would use that silly little micro 4/3 thing when I have a full size 5D available.

Horses for courses again Smile

Paul Morgan
15 Aug 2012 - 1:27 PM

Quote: Since then I've had a session indoors, and there's no way I would use that silly little micro 4/3 thing when I have a full size 5D available

Is there any point in a large expensive camera if it only gets used indoors Smile

keith selmes
15 Aug 2012 - 7:00 PM

So far as I recall, Beverley Goodway always kept his RZ67s indoors Smile

(for 25 years doing the page 3 photos for the sun)

Paul Morgan
15 Aug 2012 - 7:06 PM

Lol that`s a tad different to keeping a large camera indoors for snaps Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.