Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

What new Panasonic did you get?

martyn05 7 363 England
25 Dec 2009 6:42PM
Hi everyone,
You should have all opened your presents by now, so what new Panasonic cameras did you all get??

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
25 Dec 2009 6:51PM
Bit bored are we Martyn..???
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
25 Dec 2009 6:52PM
nah he got rattled in another post and proving a point lol... Wink check the Canon one out...
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
25 Dec 2009 6:59PM
pmsl!!!!

Thanks Tom ( Wink)
fredchan 8 124
16 Jan 2010 9:39AM
Not sure if you actually want this answer but I got a Panasonic Lumix G1 with the twin lens kit and also a Lumix TZ7 - really pleased with both - my other cameras are Canon 1D MkIIn and a 40D
28 Jun 2010 7:17PM
I dont get that lucky, but I treated myself to an older model, the G1, I dont want video or touch screens so stayed away from the G2.
I also grabbed a 45-200 while I was at it and have sold my telescopes so may go for the 45mm macro to finish the kit off
29 Jun 2010 7:50PM
I'm very much a rookie photographer. My lovely hubby bought me a Lumix FZ38, (he thinks I'm better than I am,,,) am beginning to get to grips with it,,,but to be honest it frightens the life out of me!
LOL
Toonman 7 1.4k 2 England
30 Jun 2010 6:59AM
It's a great camera for begginers Gabbyannie. Don't worry you will get to grips with it. If you have any problems ask on here and I'm sure you will get help.

Adam
Fahim 3 205 United Kingdom
7 Apr 2011 1:06AM
I got GH2. Loving it so far. Need to test some low light shooting though.
RFCat 10 19 Australia
12 Apr 2011 11:11AM
I bought my wife G10 with the 14-42 and 45-200 lenses. She took it to Europe, but only had the 14-42 lens. This replaced her FZ8.

Very impressed with the results both stills and movie.

I have not been able to find many posts about the G10.
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
12 Apr 2011 11:22PM
Another old thread resuscitated by a 'new member'
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
12 Apr 2011 11:37PM

Quote:Another old thread resuscitated by a 'new member'

Yup that's the idea, no reason why older threads needs to fade away for good.
19 Apr 2011 2:06PM
This is my very first contribution to ePHOTOzine and thought it would be a gentle, easy way in! I am so glad I found ePHOTOzine, (actually via Mike's site at http://www.photographycourses.biz/) - what a mine of information and what incredibly tallented people you all are.

I bought a DMC-GH2 in December 2010 and as it's my first 'propper' DSLR. I have owned a few film SRL's before, but thought I ould venture into the digital age. I am still slightly daunted by the camera and every now and again find new things that it does. I think I must have read the manual (which is not great) a hundred times: I know, not usually a blokey thing. I brought a few of my pictures in to work recently to show someone here, (who is a far more experienced photographer than I), as there is something that has been concerning me a little with the pictures that the camera produces. My images appear not be the sharpest. Even when used on a tripod and focussed on a simple, well lit target, on a low ISO setting, the images that I get appear to be less than perfectly sharp when I view them through Aperture. I have not tried printing any. My colleague has looked at them and said that they look fine and I should stop worrying and stop zooming in too far, but I just can't help thinking that they could be sharper.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me!

Chris
NeilWigan 4 8 15 England
11 Jan 2012 6:35PM
An fz45 gave my fz7 to my granddaughter ,this one has twice the pixels and twice the zoom plus it shoots in raw you get a lot for the money and its a great back up to the dslr even though its a bit fiddly if you have largish hands.High ISO is noisy but not a problem as its a bit better than the Fz7.All in all very pleased and cause its an older model got a good price, less than the price of, more or less, all the lenses for the canon.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.