Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What recommended tablet please?

LouiseTopp 4 522 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2013 8:27PM
I wonder if you guys can help me? I am looking for a tablet (preferably 10") where I van surf the net, watch I Player and U Tube and play games whilst listening to music on Spotify or last FM. Have looked at the Apple I pad but it's very expensive, is the Google Nuxus very good or the Sony. If not am I better off getting a laptop?

Many thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

derekhansen e2
6 200 24 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2013 8:47PM
My wife has a Google Nexus which is superb. The Sony Expedia is also very good I believe and a reasonable price. Both have the Android platform which I think is excellent. Personally I would avoid tablets with the Windows platform. I tried windows 8 on a laptop for a few days and hated it.
lawbert 7 1.8k 15 England
4 Nov 2013 9:01PM
I have just bought a Tesco Hudl,
Very impressive indeed for the Money...(I iused voucher codes and clubcard vouchers and didnt pay any money)
All the reviews on it are great once you rid it of its tesco preloaded toot.
Its only a 7.1 screen but I looked at all the options of a bigger screen and didnt see anything that was such good good value spec for spec despite not paying out
at 119 its a bargain
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2013 10:09PM
We have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2 and the Tab 7". I think they are both excellent.
If all you want is to surf the net and look at your email they are as good as most laptops. If you want to do file management then a laptop is the better bet.
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
4 Nov 2013 10:45PM
For basic all round use and great value the Hudl seems very good and add any clubcard or discount savings and its brilliant value.
cats_123 e2
10 4.2k 25 Northern Ireland
5 Nov 2013 8:30AM
We have a 10" Zenithink C93 which works off Google Android....doesn't accept all the apps but a pretty impressive piece of equipment...Cost us 129 a year ago...you can now get them at less than a Ton Smile
5 Nov 2013 10:55AM

Quote:My wife has a Google Nexus which is superb. The Sony Expedia is also very good I believe and a reasonable price. Both have the Android platform which I think is excellent. Personally I would avoid tablets with the Windows platform. I tried windows 8 on a laptop for a few days and hated it.

Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2 very good please?
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2013 11:12AM

Quote:

Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2 very good please?

I think so - it does everything I wanted it for (surfing and email). I bought the Samsung 7" version as well and, to my surprise, the smaller screen size does not give any disadvantages for what I use it for. These are the only 2 tablets I have used so I cannot compare to anything else: at the time I bought them the Kindle with browse capability had only just been launched (I have the kindle app on the tablets) and it seemed a very good alternative to the over-priced Apple products.
5 Nov 2013 11:18AM
Hi i would like to run Facebook games on it as well, heard the Apple Ipad mini is good. is 16gb enough for what I want please?
monstersnowman 9 1.7k 1 England
5 Nov 2013 3:34PM
16gb instantly loses approx. 2.5 gb to the operating system and the rest can easily get filled quite quickly if you store images/video and a good selection of apps.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2013 3:37PM
That is where the advantage of Samsung (and other makes) over Apple in that you can use SD cards but Apple rejected that idea so they could control software loads.
6 Nov 2013 2:41PM
Sony takes an SD card, is Samsung recommended please? I would go for 32gb but its very expensive.
Nickscape 8 704 9 England
7 Nov 2013 2:01PM
I recently bought a Sweettablet Gobstopper - have been very impressed so far and seems very similar to the Samsung's, I didn't want to spend too much and it works really well, a few compatibility issues with a few apps (rightmove & autotrader) but for the price that is understandable.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.