Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What recommended tablet please?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    LouiseTopp
    4 Nov 2013 - 8:27 PM

I wonder if you guys can help me? I am looking for a tablet (preferably 10") where I van surf the net, watch I Player and U Tube and play games whilst listening to music on Spotify or last FM. Have looked at the Apple I pad but it's very expensive, is the Google Nuxus very good or the Sony. If not am I better off getting a laptop?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    4 Nov 2013 - 8:27 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

derekhansen
    derekhansen e2 Member 5185 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom23 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Nov 2013 - 8:47 PM

My wife has a Google Nexus which is superb. The Sony Expedia is also very good I believe and a reasonable price. Both have the Android platform which I think is excellent. Personally I would avoid tablets with the Windows platform. I tried windows 8 on a laptop for a few days and hated it.

lawbert
    lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Nov 2013 - 9:01 PM

I have just bought a Tesco Hudl,
    Very impressive indeed for the Money...(I iused voucher codes and clubcard vouchers and didnt pay any money)
    All the reviews on it are great once you rid it of its tesco preloaded toot.
    Its only a 7.1 screen but I looked at all the options of a bigger screen and didnt see anything that was such good good value spec for spec despite not paying out
    at 119 its a bargain

mikehit
    mikehit  56456 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Nov 2013 - 10:09 PM

We have the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2 and the Tab 7". I think they are both excellent.
    If all you want is to surf the net and look at your email they are as good as most laptops. If you want to do file management then a laptop is the better bet.

monstersnowman
    4 Nov 2013 - 10:45 PM

For basic all round use and great value the Hudl seems very good and add any clubcard or discount savings and its brilliant value.

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Nov 2013 - 8:30 AM

We have a 10" Zenithink C93 which works off Google Android....doesn't accept all the apps but a pretty impressive piece of equipment...Cost us 129 a year ago...you can now get them at less than a Ton Smile

Last Modified By cats_123 at 5 Nov 2013 - 8:30 AM
    LouiseTopp
    5 Nov 2013 - 10:55 AM

Quote: My wife has a Google Nexus which is superb. The Sony Expedia is also very good I believe and a reasonable price. Both have the Android platform which I think is excellent. Personally I would avoid tablets with the Windows platform. I tried windows 8 on a laptop for a few days and hated it.

Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2 very good please?

mikehit
    5 Nov 2013 - 11:12 AM

Quote:

Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.2 very good please?

I think so - it does everything I wanted it for (surfing and email). I bought the Samsung 7" version as well and, to my surprise, the smaller screen size does not give any disadvantages for what I use it for. These are the only 2 tablets I have used so I cannot compare to anything else: at the time I bought them the Kindle with browse capability had only just been launched (I have the kindle app on the tablets) and it seemed a very good alternative to the over-priced Apple products.

LouiseTopp
    5 Nov 2013 - 11:18 AM

Hi i would like to run Facebook games on it as well, heard the Apple Ipad mini is good. is 16gb enough for what I want please?

monstersnowman

16gb instantly loses approx. 2.5 gb to the operating system and the rest can easily get filled quite quickly if you store images/video and a good selection of apps.

mikehit
    5 Nov 2013 - 3:37 PM

That is where the advantage of Samsung (and other makes) over Apple in that you can use SD cards but Apple rejected that idea so they could control software loads.

LouiseTopp
    6 Nov 2013 - 2:41 PM

Sony takes an SD card, is Samsung recommended please? I would go for 32gb but its very expensive.

Nickscape
    Nickscape  8695 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Nov 2013 - 2:01 PM

I recently bought a Sweettablet Gobstopper - have been very impressed so far and seems very similar to the Samsung's, I didn't want to spend too much and it works really well, a few compatibility issues with a few apps (rightmove & autotrader) but for the price that is understandable.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.