Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's by your PC / Mac?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2010 - 9:56 PM

Just a fun thread to get the new picture feature going. What do you always have by your computer?

Apart from a random collection of clutter that moves as I "process" it, and the usual card reader, I have two things a Nemo fish (bought as a present from the kids) and some wrist strengtheners. I tend to use these (the strengtheners not the fish) while I'm waiting for something to load or process (a don't say mention the site speed!) They seem to help relieve the RSI type feelings I get from constant mouse use.

desk-accessories.jpg

Also this gave me chance to have a first go with a new ringlight I got from China. I'll probably do a mini review when I get time. I quite like the effect

What do you have by your computer desk?

Those without e2 are welcome to join in too but you won't be able to add a pic.

Last Modified By Pete at 15 Feb 2010 - 9:59 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Feb 2010 - 9:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95954 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2010 - 10:12 PM

Oh everything by the kitchen sink! The laptop is out as the pc is a bit iffy yet again - that's why the side of the casing isn't in place. The glasses contain water - it's too early in the week for a voddy!

My faithful Palm Pilot is busy charging ready for me to settle down to reading Mort in about half an hour and the rest is purely bits. Actually it's remarkably tidy at the moment but then you can't see the pile of paperwork on top of the scanner which lives under the table!

dsc00296.jpg

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 95954 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
15 Feb 2010 - 10:17 PM

of course I meant everything but the kitchen sink - it's getting a bit chilly in here and my digits won't move in the right direction!

Big Bri
Big Bri  1315544 forum posts England
15 Feb 2010 - 11:11 PM

Er.. 3 camera bags, in tray, bin tray, one printer, two scanners, a laptop, a Teac tape deck, USB turntable, speakers, two sets of headphones, 4 cameras waiting to get stored somewhere, two tubes of filler, two rolls of masking tape, various screws (don't ask), graphics tablet, pint glass, two torches, iPod, desk phone, mobile phone, desk lamp, router, print server, graphics tablet, two external hard drives.

Oh, and 2 AAA batteries, a pair of scissors, and an allen key.

(Haven't got a wide enough lens to get it all in Grin )

Last Modified By Big Bri at 15 Feb 2010 - 11:12 PM
Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2010 - 1:00 AM

Couple of business cards. Piece of paper with a picture of me on it...doesn't look much like me but as the artist is only four I'll let it go. Roll of sellotape. Picture of a boat, drawn by me, coloured in by four year old.
EDIT: book by Jack Kerouac under picture of boat.

Last Modified By Boyd at 16 Feb 2010 - 1:01 AM
funkeldink
funkeldink  101592 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2010 - 5:17 AM

2 x imac .. 1 x powerbook ... 1 x macbook ... speakers ... keyboard ...mic .. piles of hard drives .. 2 packs of rizla and a bottle openercomp-desk.jpg

funkeldink
16 Feb 2010 - 5:18 AM

haha ,, and the photo above me on my screenSmile

cattyal
16 Feb 2010 - 8:35 AM

My office desk isn't much better than the one at home!

dsc01556.jpg

dwilkin
dwilkin e2 Member 724249 forum postsdwilkin vcard United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 - 11:00 AM

much, much assorted clutter, my film scanner, 3 printers, a pile of magazines, a couple of memory cards, and a couple of rolls of film at last check...

funkeldink
16 Feb 2010 - 11:03 AM

http://www.ephotozine.com/images/gallery/2010/04/normal/14807_1264499087.jpg

was just seeing if location works on image upload... ie from the gallery rather than harddrive

Last Modified By funkeldink at 16 Feb 2010 - 11:06 AM
funkeldink
16 Feb 2010 - 11:05 AM

can this be done pete?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2010 - 11:07 AM

Quote: Can this be done pete?

Not currently...it can be added to requests...for consideration in the next round of upgrades.
btw nice set up..is that a mid keyboard? Are you writing music?

Last Modified By Pete at 16 Feb 2010 - 11:08 AM
Big Bri
Big Bri  1315544 forum posts England
16 Feb 2010 - 12:07 PM

Hmm. At work...
2 monitors, bottle of juice, 5 coffee mugs, laptop dock, phone, in-tray, bin-tray, digital photo frame, cuddly toy, USB rocket launcher

funkeldink
16 Feb 2010 - 1:19 PM

that one is usb and works direct with garageband // . messed with music for years... well before photos ...then the photos took over ../. now we are producing a film and trying to do our own music to it .. all good fun .., might give you our myspace music link ... but then again i am too sure it has enough content yet ../. my old powerbook now just runs Absynthe .. which is just amazing ..

JJGEE
JJGEE  96205 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
16 Feb 2010 - 1:42 PM

Oxford Dictionary.
Filing Cabinets with all my transparencies in hanging files.
Tripods & Backpacks containing my camera gear.
Epson V700 Scanner for my transparencies & negatives.
Printer ( not a photographic, just a basic, around £50, for printing letters etc.)
A few magazines and reference books.
A box containing my OS Maps and a compass.
Phone, external hard drive & modem / router.
On the wall I have a photo that I change every couple of months or so.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.