Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What's by your PC / Mac?

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
15 Feb 2010 9:56PM
Just a fun thread to get the new picture feature going. What do you always have by your computer?

Apart from a random collection of clutter that moves as I "process" it, and the usual card reader, I have two things a Nemo fish (bought as a present from the kids) and some wrist strengtheners. I tend to use these (the strengtheners not the fish) while I'm waiting for something to load or process (a don't say mention the site speed!) They seem to help relieve the RSI type feelings I get from constant mouse use.

desk-accessories.jpg

Also this gave me chance to have a first go with a new ringlight I got from China. I'll probably do a mini review when I get time. I quite like the effect

What do you have by your computer desk?

Those without e2 are welcome to join in too but you won't be able to add a pic.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
15 Feb 2010 10:12PM
Oh everything by the kitchen sink! The laptop is out as the pc is a bit iffy yet again - that's why the side of the casing isn't in place. The glasses contain water - it's too early in the week for a voddy!

My faithful Palm Pilot is busy charging ready for me to settle down to reading Mort in about half an hour and the rest is purely bits. Actually it's remarkably tidy at the moment but then you can't see the pile of paperwork on top of the scanner which lives under the table!

dsc00296.jpg

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
15 Feb 2010 10:17PM
of course I meant everything but the kitchen sink - it's getting a bit chilly in here and my digits won't move in the right direction!
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
15 Feb 2010 11:11PM
Er.. 3 camera bags, in tray, bin tray, one printer, two scanners, a laptop, a Teac tape deck, USB turntable, speakers, two sets of headphones, 4 cameras waiting to get stored somewhere, two tubes of filler, two rolls of masking tape, various screws (don't ask), graphics tablet, pint glass, two torches, iPod, desk phone, mobile phone, desk lamp, router, print server, graphics tablet, two external hard drives.

Oh, and 2 AAA batteries, a pair of scissors, and an allen key.

(Haven't got a wide enough lens to get it all in Grin )
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
16 Feb 2010 1:00AM
Couple of business cards. Piece of paper with a picture of me on it...doesn't look much like me but as the artist is only four I'll let it go. Roll of sellotape. Picture of a boat, drawn by me, coloured in by four year old.
EDIT: book by Jack Kerouac under picture of boat.
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 5:17AM
2 x imac .. 1 x powerbook ... 1 x macbook ... speakers ... keyboard ...mic .. piles of hard drives .. 2 packs of rizla and a bottle openercomp-desk.jpg

funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 5:18AM
haha ,, and the photo above me on my screenSmile
cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
16 Feb 2010 8:35AM
My office desk isn't much better than the one at home!

dsc01556.jpg

dwilkin 8 24.3k United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 11:00AM
much, much assorted clutter, my film scanner, 3 printers, a pile of magazines, a couple of memory cards, and a couple of rolls of film at last check...
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 11:03AM
http://www.ephotozine.com/images/gallery/2010/04/normal/14807_1264499087.jpg

was just seeing if location works on image upload... ie from the gallery rather than harddrive
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 11:05AM
can this be done pete?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
16 Feb 2010 11:07AM

Quote:Can this be done pete?

Not currently...it can be added to requests...for consideration in the next round of upgrades.
btw nice set up..is that a mid keyboard? Are you writing music?
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 12:07PM
Hmm. At work...
2 monitors, bottle of juice, 5 coffee mugs, laptop dock, phone, in-tray, bin-tray, digital photo frame, cuddly toy, USB rocket launcher
funkeldink e2
11 1.6k 1 United Kingdom
16 Feb 2010 1:19PM
that one is usb and works direct with garageband // . messed with music for years... well before photos ...then the photos took over ../. now we are producing a film and trying to do our own music to it .. all good fun .., might give you our myspace music link ... but then again i am too sure it has enough content yet ../. my old powerbook now just runs Absynthe .. which is just amazing ..
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
16 Feb 2010 1:42PM
Oxford Dictionary.
Filing Cabinets with all my transparencies in hanging files.
Tripods & Backpacks containing my camera gear.
Epson V700 Scanner for my transparencies & negatives.
Printer ( not a photographic, just a basic, around 50, for printing letters etc.)
A few magazines and reference books.
A box containing my OS Maps and a compass.
Phone, external hard drive & modem / router.
On the wall I have a photo that I change every couple of months or so.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.